1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: felt q620

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

felt q620

Just wondering what everyone's opinion's are on this bike, and felt in general. I dont see alot of discussion on felt in these forums.

mtbr member
    It is true you don't hear a lot about Felt... there is a place on this website dedicated to Felt discussion though,

http://forums.mtbr.com/felt/

...you might try there if you don't get any responses here.

I considered either a 620 or 720 about a year ago (can't recall which one, but it was around a grand I think). Seemed like a nice enough bike, I liked the looks too.

Snap Crackle Pop
    I considered the Felt Q620 last year, left the LBS really wanting it, but not wanting to spend $739.00 on a bike. A few weeks later, I was still debating and ended up having casts on both my arms for 6 weeks (TFCC problems) and then therapy, so that ended the biking idea for last year. This year, I started looking early. I bought a Costco bike and went to shop for the wife and ended up back at the LBS that sold Felt. They still had a 2011 Q620 unassembled and were offering $100 rebate on it. I ended up purchasing it for my wife and decided to order the 2012 Felt Nine Sport for myself and returned the Costco bike. So far, we both love our bikes. My wife does not ride as hard as I do and I am sure I don't ride that hard either, but so far, no real issues other than I bent a seat post, lol. I still get on her bike and mess around and can't help but think it's a great bike. I don't have any other real MTB experience to compare it too. I didn't have the Costco bike long enough to know if it was a good bike and to be honest, I think I purchased the wrong frame size because it never felt right.

Fat-tired Roadie
    My jersey says "Felt" on it somewhere, but I don't think any of my MTB teammates have ended up buying one of the mountain bikes. Certainly people seem to like their Felt road and track bikes.

The Q620 looks about par for $800 bikes. Which isn't great - bikes are pretty international, and what the markets have been doing for the last several years has meant that every year, specs have eroded and prices have risen.

I like that the head angle is a little slacker than many entry-level hardtails. You can always steepen and lower a bike, but sticking a longer fork on the front is often ill-advised.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks for the replies guys.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Nismogriff

How do your wrists feel now after getting treated for your TFCC's? Did you have surgery on them or were you casted after having your DRUJ put back in place? I find out soon if I have a torn TFCC/unstable DRUJ and will have to make a decision on what treatment I want to do. I'm recovering from a distal radius fracture, which sucks, but I'm sure the TFCC sucks too!