1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    banned
    Mar 2011

Dream ride plans

So here it is.

I feel that I am experienced enough to tackle an actual, true and awesome MT bike experience in that I normally do just local stuff on fair trails that don't really go anyplace.

I have my eye on Lake Tahoe, California as the trail along the lake looks friggin amazing and something I can do with my experience. Yes I am wiling to travel far and wide to get my MT bike rocks off I am practically in love with the idea of going to California with my MT bike and soaking up the sun and amazing scenery. I have never been out of NY so not only wil be in a new state with new surroundings, I'll be riding my bike on a true MT bike trail in awesome terrain.

With my recent MS diagnoses, this will be sort of a "personal trip" meaning I'll go alone, meet people on the way, have fun and be all giddy that I am living a dream.

I don't plan to "beat myself on that trail....most likely I'll be stopping every 5 minutes to take pictures anyways.. I just want to be there and on my bike in a new place....I've seen video of Tahoe and the scenery....well.....I have to see it for myself....If th epics make me drool then being there for real will probably kill me lol.

So Tahoe?..... Should I do it? Any tips?

I plan on doing this toward the end of this summer......Will the weather be good at that time? Will it be cooler?

banned
    Mar 2011
    I just want to do all I can while I can....I have no idea how fast the MS will progress and I'll be depressed later if I don't do this and it's too late.

I'll say it again....if you are healthy....live it up fast and hard..... don't waste any day.
    When you get shitty news like I have, it opens your eyes and you get an amazing perspective on life.

Live it up....don't waste another day.