1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Does anyone use this bike stand? Have a question

Just wondering if anyone uses this bike stand pictured below. I'd like to know what that stick is that's sticking out above the tool tray. It seems to hold something?

Hi There!
    what's the name of the stand?
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    It's by Conquer. But it's just a stand mass produced and re-branded... Pretty generic

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Looks like it might hold on the a front tire or something to keep the front tire front swaying. On most stands you need a handlebar holder, but maybe that's what it is used for?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Re: Does anyone use this bike stand? Have a question

Quote Originally Posted by BobaX View Post
    Just wondering if anyone uses this bike stand pictured below. I'd like to know what that stick is that's sticking out above the tool tray. It seems to hold something?

Can that thing hold a garden hose? I've been looking for a stand for easier washing of my bike.
    What works for me may not work for you. What's best for you depends on many factors. We are different from each other.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    I've seen that extra bar used in shops to keep the mechanic from lying down or wandering out to the sales floor and scaring customers.

I imagine it could also be used to hold the front wheel / handle bar in place.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    It's for the handlebar. Holds the front end still.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Does anyone use this bike stand? Have a question

I have something similar. Wish I didn't cheap out and buy a Park or similar to begin with. The clamping mechanism on it is annoying. Looks like this one has physical pins to lock the bike in position. Mine doesn't, and is one of my two biggest gripes with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oKayH View Post
    I have something similar. Wish I didn't cheap out and buy a Park or similar to begin with. The clamping mechanism on it is annoying. Looks like this one has physical pins to lock the bike in position. Mine doesn't, and is one of my two biggest gripes with it.

Ohh yeah I definitely know what you mean by the annoying clamps... It's plastic and it falls off too easily... But hey .. I bought this stand for $40, and it's good enough for me ... Just that it's kind of hard to set the bike horizontally straight because of uneven weight distribution of the bike. Weak clamps......

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    It is a work stand.

If you are just looking for a stand, try this
    Amazon.com: M-Wave Foldable Bicycle Display Stand: Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skewe View Post
    It is a work stand.

If you are just looking for a stand, try this
    Amazon.com: M-Wave Foldable Bicycle Display Stand: Sports & Outdoors
    He's not looking for a stand, just asking what a feature is. And it was answered.