1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Did a short trail ride today...

After I went snowboarding. Such a good day!

Last edited by Cmiller; 04-01-2010 at 08:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I am hoping to go boarding on friday! I dont want the season to be over lol! Nice pics

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by brianb21
    I am hoping to go boarding on friday! I dont want the season to be over lol! Nice pics
    We got a freak cold front that came through. Dumped 9 inches on our local mountain yesterday.

local jackass
    looks like u need to go clipless
    His
    2010 FSR XC
    2010 ALLEZ
    Hers
    2012 Myka 29'r
    2009 Cannondale Synapse 5
    Down East Cyclists

mtbr member
    Woa, that's a killer day!! So much fun packed into a short span of time. nice!
    GregRidesTrails.com--An informational and instructional mountain bike blog.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    It was definitely an epic day. Now I have to go back to work.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmiller
    We got a freak cold front that came through. Dumped 9 inches on our local mountain yesterday.

It is suppose to snow tonight on the mountain here. If it does i am heading up then i will go break in my new bike on Sat!

I'm your density
    :icon_jealous:

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Nice pics, look like you had a good time!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffRyder85
    Nice pics, look like you had a good time!
    Thanks! I'm a little sore today.

d00bie
    Jesus, congratulations, I now hate you.....But in all reality, i couldnt be more jealous and kidding lol. The winter in NC has just disappeared, flat out, gone. It was 86 today. Makes me almost want to cry looking at snow. I usually ride a couple times a week. Lib-Tech for the win!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by d00bie
    Jesus, congratulations, I now hate you.....But in all reality, i couldnt be more jealous and kidding lol. The winter in NC has just disappeared, flat out, gone. It was 86 today. Makes me almost want to cry looking at snow. I usually ride a couple times a week. Lib-Tech for the win!
    Lib-techs are sweet i have a GNU and i just ordereed a never summer! It was 81 here in Tucson yesterday but it is back to 59 today. In 4 months i will be wishing for the 80's!