Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Desperate for HELP!!

628 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  anthrax 
#1 ·
:confused:

I am doing an estate sale and wish to place an ad here for an older, used mountain bike. It is a men's Raleigh USA M-40 but there is not a category for just mountain bikes so what is it? Could someone give me guidance. Just the category here on this site under classifieds? I would be so appreciative.

And if a beginner is looking for a good bike but doesn't want to spend alot of $$$ in case they end up not enjoying the sport, etc. let me know.

Thank you sooo much!!!!! Alexandra

#2 ·
The catagorie that you are looking for is going to be either:

"Hardtail Bike" = it has a shock absorber front fork

OR

"Rigid/Singlespeed Bike" = it has a rigid fork.

If I remember correctly, The M-40 was an entry level bike. You might do better to try and sell the bike in your local area. You might also consider taking it to a Local Bike Shop and seeing if they would sell it for you on consignment.

One thing that you need to consider when selling online is shipping. Shipping for bikes is rather expensive (usually between $30.00 and $50.00) and in order to get it properly packaged, you will have to take it to your local bike shop anyway to get that done. Most will charge an additional $10.00 to box the bike up for you.

#5 ·
Your best bet it going to be to try and sell this bike at your local bike shop or hold on to it until Yard Sale Season starts.

I don't know where you are located but winter is just starting to break where I am and that means that over the next month and a half bikes are going to practically sell themselves, so try try the classifieds too.

It is unlikely that there will be much interest in that rig on this site.

Good Luck,

A

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.