1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Cube LTD SL vs. Scott Scale 50

Hi,

i think u all know the Cube LTD SL (2012) bicycle and the Scott Scale 50 one (2012).
    I am really starting to question if Scott is trying to f@ck up my mind.

The Cube costs 1395 euro and has Rockshox Reba RL fork and Shimano Deore XT K-M7851 brakes hydr.

The Scott costs 1420 euros and has Rockshox Recon Gold TK and Shimano M-505.

really guys wtf is going on here ? the gear difference is pretty huge and the money almost same. Any suggestions on what you like more ?

banned
    Sep 2011
    Fucking Newbs

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Look for a discounted 2012 Scale 29 Elite. Upgrade the brakes from bikecomponents.de
    Also a Grand Canyon 29AL 7.9 1200 euros. It has the besy aluminum frame-- compliant seatstays.