1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

New question here. Cube Aim (2009)???

Please help me. I have a dilemma choosing between Cube Aim (2009) and Specialized hardrock sport (2010). Actually there is no reviews about Cube Aim. I just want to know how is it in use (if someone of you has one) and about Cube in generally. On official site there is not information like " about cube...".

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Funny enough when i was looking for my new bike, i had the chose between the same bike, and i choose the Cube because it's just a much better bike, better Shimano parts and very reliable. But where i live they didn't sell the bike at any of the local bike shops, so i bought the bike from ChainReactionCycles.com.

Hope it helps

Question everything....
    Oct 2009
    Cube are a German company...Audi, Merc, BMW...they know how to engineer things on wheels. Ive got a Ltd Pro. Admittedly its only the frame and the Hayes Strokers left from oem but I love this bike. I mainly ride the streets and ocassioinally woods if im passing anything, however apart from the mtb ive ridden bmx, skateboard & quad skates, so I do like to hit everything in a slightly naughty way. THIS BIKE EATS IT ALL. I aint gonna attempt 20ft down on it but generally, she takes everything i throw her way. Ive had alot of good bikes for using around town but this one is my fav.

I hope this helps mate..Generally Cube arent as popular as certain other makes but in my opinion they are up there with most. And the best thing is, while Cube build theyre reputation, we all get rather competitive prices. Get on !!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Actually I've already bought the bike, smth like a week ago, and it is Cube Aim 2009 (so I'm very happy to see such kind of opinions). This is really great bike. I'm generally use it on asphalt and it give me excellent feelings of control and acceleration, but I like how it's behave on off road too. Although there is opinion that Suntour XCM forks is crappy thing, I think that for this money (530 U.S.$) it's pretty good and far more responsible than other suntour series forks (XCT,...) that most brands offer you for this price. And the greatest thing is a frame, it's REALLY comfortable (for me, at least) and beautiful.
    thanks for your answers).