mtbr member
    Sep 2009

computer install pics

I just got my new gary fisher piranha the other day and I had the shop install a cateye enduro 8 computer. Im not real happy with there install of it and was going to reroute the wire myself but not sure what to do with all of the excess. Can anyone take a picture of ther install. I will try to post some pics of mine later tonight to get some opinions on the way my shop did it.

mtbr member
    I have an Enduro 8 as well. I'll see if I can get some pics of how I mounted it.

Rabid Lana fan
    I need to work on the mounting a little...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails computer install pics-bike-computer.jpg  

rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    thanks gearhead I would appreciate the pics.

net wurker I think you had the same shop install yours.

mtbr member
    I just coiled the extra wire from my computer around the nearest brake cable.

too cold to ride
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker
    Fantastic!

When I had a wired, I bundled the slack with a brake line via a cable tie. Do it tight and you'll never notice it again.
    Now go home and get your ******* shinebox.

Professional Speed Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker
    Awesome! Be careful when riding with one hand.

powered by peanut butter.

here's a pic

Wrapped the computer cable around the front brake line, behind the arch, and zip-tied it to the left fork leg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails computer install pics-comp-cable.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    thanks for the pic. I guess I hadnt really thought about why mine looked bad but your pick made the problem with mine look very obvious. The installer followed the brake hose but then wire tied to the other side of the fork from the rotor so the sensor was on the other side (not on the rotor side). so now I have a cable wire tied to each leg of the forks. I will be moving it to the rotor side like yours tonight.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Here's another picture for you. I have the sensor on the rider's right side of the fork, the cable runs up along the fork leg secured with zip ties, then is wrapped tightly around the yoke and brake cable.