1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member

Cleats for my Oakley Wrenches?

I bought the Oakley Wrenches and right now I have platform pedals on my bike and I HATE when my foot slips off the pedal on a hill and I screw myself from making it up. Im getting a stumpjumper fsr which comes with shimano 520spd pedals and I'd like to know which cleats would work with my shoes, would spd cleats work? I've never ventured into the world of clipless pedals and cleats before but I'd like to give them a shot for the sake of efficiency, I just pretty much found out the other day that clipless pedals are in fact pedals you clip into Heres some shots of the sole of the shoe with the plate in (pointless to show probably) and without the plate showing the threads.

*eeesh nevermind, I found the answer to my question.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steeeve430; 04-21-2007 at 08:13 PM.

TranceX Rider
    Yes, definitely... the Shimano's SM-SH 51's(single release), 56's (multi-release) cleats both would work with your 520s. & no problem with your Wrench as well, they would well Got my 56s installed on my Radar Lock, zero problems.

Break a leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

mtbr member
    awesome, thanks for the info!!