So after three weeks of commuting my shiny new bike across town on pavement I took it out on the trails today for the first time. Just a short loop on what I imagine would be regarded as an easy trail. What a blast.
- You gots to have gloves. I don't yet and my hands were the big sweaty. Not to mention see #2.
- Crashing is fun if you don't get hurt. Better yet, if you don't get hurt but you do get wet it makes you smile fantasically.
- I'm a big fat out of shape lard ass.
As yet unknown:
- Regarding trail etiquette, I know I should yield to uphill bike traffic. Does that include hikers?
- I can see myself going through shoes fast. I'm reluctant to pay $100 for the likes of a pair of 5/10s just to trash them in a season. Will on-sale skate shoes suffice for flats even if they don't last as long?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Cherry Go Boom
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »