1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Can I run a Blackspire Stinger Chain Tensioner on a Truvativ Howitzer BB

Would just like to know if i can run the chain tensioner on this BB. Any guides on installing one?

This would be able to tension the chain for Signle Speed, as i can't run a rear tensioner since my hanger snapped and i can't find one to suit my frame.

Thanks in advance.

BB: Truvativ Howitzer XR Bottom Bracket | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

Tensioner:
    Blackspire Stinger Chain Tensioner - Black 2013 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

Bike: Apollo Bicycles - Freeride

Thanks in advance for your help.

Picture Unrelated
    Chain guides are not chain tensioners. I've tried using my chain guide as a tensioner for SS in the past and they don't work well, especially the ones that mount to the BB. They tend to slide out of place and stop providing tension.

Have you tried calling a dealer or the manufacturer for a new hanger? I'm betting this is just a re-branded generic frame, perhaps you could find a match through Wheels Mfg. Wheels Mfg Derailleur Hangers you can browse all of them or you can click through 1 bolt, 2, 3, or 4 bolt hangers to narrow the search. You can even send them a picture, if it were in tact. If you find one to fit, buy 5.

Finally, I'll offer an odd piece of advice; I had an old steel frame which I knocked the derailleur hanger out of alignment so many times that it stopped being able to hold its shape. So instead of scrapping a frame that I really liked, I built a new wheel around the White Industries Eccentric ENO hub. It is the only solution for turning a standard frame into a single speed which will give you the reliability of an actual single speed bike. With a tensioner you can never get the chain secure enough to prevent popping during hard pedaling. It's expensive, but it's worth it if you're serious about having a single speed bike. White Industries
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?