1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

buying a hard tail

hi im dom i live in england,im about to buy a diamondback groove bike i just love the look of them but is there a better bike out there for me
    i like all types of riding all over the country i often ride into my local town for training on my bmx.. do you think the grove will be a good ride in the mountains of wales and genaerly around on the roads etc

mtbr member
    you need to try them out IF you can, that way you will know what is good for u

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ricot83
    you need to try them out IF you can, that way you will know what is good for u
    yeah im ordering the groove bike anyway ive been looking and im gonna have it even if the components last 12-18 months ill uprate that bad boy frame

mtbr member
    ya if you like the frame , I am all for buying and riding, then upgrading as needed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    you hitthe nail on the head there dude what do you recon to RST Gila pro forks they are the one's on the bike standard