mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Bike choice help - Cinder Cone?

Seems like I've found an '08 Kona Cinder Cone that's been lightly used locally. I offered $360 and he took it. Two things... Is that a good price for a used Cinder Cone? And is the Cinder Cone a good bike? I haven't actually rode the bike yet but comparing against the geometries from the bikes I have rode it seems like the bike will fit fine. Here's the bikepedia link if it helps. It's mainly going to be used for firetrail & singletrack riding. I'm 5'9" 165lb so weight isn't too much of an issue since I could lose 10 lbs myself.

http://bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeS...3237&Type=bike

Just second guessing myself before actually buying. Thanks for any help in advance!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If the bike fits you and is in good shape - I think you got a decent deal. From the link, you paid less than 50% of retail when it was new, and the Cinder Cone isn't a bad hardtail mountain bike. Just upgrade the parts as they wear out or break....if the frame is used as intended it should last you a long, long time.

BTW - I started on a Kona Blast and sure wish I would have kept that bike!!!

Gary J.