1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member

best carbon handlebar?

i am looking to replace my cannondale jekyll handlebar with a carbon handlebar. can anyone recommend me a lightest and strongest carbon handlebar with 9 degree bend, 5 degree upsweep, 720mm bar width, and 31.8 bar clamp?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    I vote Answer ProTaper 720AM carbon bar. Git 'er done....
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

T.W.O.
    Easton Havoc Carbon.

A few components on the bike that lightest weight is not the first, second, or third on my priority. Fit, performance, and function are more important issues, handlebar, saddle, grip, seatpost and tires are among the components that fit into that category.

I think the handlebar should fit the intended use. The way I see it, the lightest riser handlebar over the counter is about +/-130g, if the one I like comes in even at 240g, it's only a quarter pound more, it's nothing. I put Hammerschmidt on my XC bike it added 2lbs but the bike performs so much better than the conventional set up it justify the additional weight.

mtbr member
    I also use the Easton Havoc Carbon and it is the best bar I have ever used.

mtbr member

best carbon handlebar?

I also have the answer protaper. I highly recommend them.

mtbr member

best carbon handlebar?

Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    I agree. I have one on both bikes. Wide enough but not too wide. Rise and sweep just how I like it.

mtbr member
    thanks everyone. im digging the easton haven carbon bar now. i like how it feels
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best carbon handlebar?-img_2658.jpg  

best carbon handlebar?-img_2656.jpg  

best carbon handlebar?-img_2647.jpg  

best carbon handlebar?-img_2643.jpg  

best carbon handlebar?-img_2642.jpg  

best carbon handlebar?-img_2641.jpg  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Re: best carbon handlebar?

I'm in the market for carbon bars as well. I have a couple of older Easton Monkey Lites (25.4mm) and love em so the Carbon Haven sounds appealing!!

My question is....does it ride nice? That's my primary reason for going carbon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Huckin' trails

best carbon handlebar?

Could also give a look at Race Face Next bars. Strong and light, made in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    X2 to David above. I picked up a set of the Next bars for my Anthem build. They are the best bars I have ever had and ride super and I was able to pick them up at a sweet price. Good luck!

RaceFace Next 1/4" Riser Carbon Bar | Race Face | Brand | www.PricePoint.com
    I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I just hate vegetables.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Looking to replace my stock giant connect bar which is 730mm, 20mm rise, 9 degree bend, and 5 degree upsweep. Any suggestions?

I am considering the following:

1. Easton Haven - 711mm, 175g
    2. Race face next 3/4 - 725mm, 175g
    3. Renthal fatbar lite carbon - 740mm, 181g (don't like the color)

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    one more:

4. Enve riser carbon - 740mm, 185g

Huckin' trails

best carbon handlebar?

I guess price isn't a concern ?

IMO the RaceFace look sick. Otherwise it's pretty much all the same. Check for warranty and support North America made products. I know Enve is made in house, not sure about the RaceFace and Easton, could be made oversea.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    when I shopped around they were all within 40 bucks or so of each other.

raceface next 3/4 can be had for $119 on both eBay and Amazon so not too expensive.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I ended up buying the easton haven bar for $120 on eBay. Hope to have it installed sometime this or next week.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    best carbon handlebar?-image.jpgI just got the Renthal Carbon Fatbars and they are AWESOME!!! I've always run Renthal Fatbars on my quads and dirt bike and never had any problems!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I was really tempted to get the renthal's but color didn't really match my bike paint scheme. 740mm wide and only 180g is pretty sick. BTW, check out this vid on these bars below:

Introducing The All New Fatbar Lite Carbon

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdee View Post
    I was really tempted to get the renthal's but color didn't really match my bike paint scheme. 740mm wide and only 180g is pretty sick. BTW, check out this vid on these bars below:

Introducing The All New Fatbar Lite Carbon
    Yeah I likem a lot! I wasn't thrilled with the color at first but I got the Renthal stem which I also really like. The stem and the bar colors kinda match the stanchions on my Fox fork so it ties it all together nicely! I'm glad went with them. The bars were on back order for quite sometime but I wanted theme enough to wait like 2 months for them. I also liked the Loaded Napalms but they were over $200 and the stem wasn't cheap so it just wasn't reasonable to spend over $300 when I could get the Renthal $100 cheaper. I also liked the Easton Havocs but to many people run the Easton's! I like to have something different! I don't want my Scale to look like anyone else's!