Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I like bikes.

Becareful what you post!

I asked a simple question, well atleast I thought it was. I have never heard of a 650b so I asked within a thread in the 650b section and got flamed majorly. Not really fair you can get -9 rep points for a single post/thread.
    The rep system needs to be revised so you can only get 1 neg rep per moronic post.
    I'm sure I'll keep getting more even after I got flamed and realized maybe I should have positioned my question slightly different since guys get their panties in a bunch really quick! I apologized and yet still recieved another -4 more reps??
    So, they ran out a newbie and now I feel unwelcomed.
    Shameful because I frequent a truck forum and guys that get a vacation when they hammer on newbie's. It doesnt do good for the forums or for advertising purposes either.
    650b guys are bullies and I'm outta here.

Good luck everyone. I wish I felt more welcome here
    Last edited by Dirtydogg; 08-16-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Corrected some terrible grammar and removed moderate
    Karakoram...ZS44, X-Fusion, Freq i23, Tioga's, Shadow & XT,Shim Hydro 180/160, MG-1 pedals & more.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    brought ya back.....

keep posting - you'll be fine.

it's only rep

Click Here for Forum Rules

Beer Me!
    Sorry buddy, not all of us are tools.
    I checked out your post....Wheel size is a very sensitive topic on these boards. Why? i have no idea, but its the one thing that seems to get everyone opinionated and grumpy. Though you meant it innocently enough, due to lots of trolling, and general flame wars over this topic you got caught in the crossfire. I am sure there are similar subjects on your truck forums as well that set people ablaze instantly.
    "Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

mtbr member
    I read your unedited post and honestly, it did seem a bit trollish.

You do need to be more careful when asking noobish questions in the less mainstream forums. But it sounds like you learned your lesson.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

unpossibles
    I love....cake.

Repped.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I am a noob myself and are affraid to ask opinions on a potential BD bike bc people seem to hate them and any people that even are thinking about buying them SMH....

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    just ignore the rep system. Lets your posts be judged by content rather than by popularity.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyduckdavis View Post
    I am a noob myself and are affraid to ask opinions on a potential BD bike bc people seem to hate them and any people that even are thinking about buying them SMH....
    Don't worry about either I bought BD bike and got advice from here most of the guys are cool and know what they are doing even the newer riders, I'm as rookie as they get but I get all my info from here, there are some BD fans in these posts. Which bike are u looking at?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyduckdavis View Post
    I wouldn't go on the Trek forum and ask about BD bikes, that's not where you were thinking of going was it?

Ask on the questions in the Beginner's Corner all you want.

I bought a Ti road bike from BD a couple of weeks ago and it's been great so far. The box was a little beat up but nothing seems bent or broken on the bike. Took it on a 53 and 69 mile ride in the same week and it was great. Sorry, can't comment on their mtb but I've heard good things about them too.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    True it depends where you post and what you post, you'll get the hang of it

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    There is no excuse for anyone to jump someone that simply asks a question.

The "Beginner's Corner" is the correct forum to post any question regardless of topic from anyone that seeks knowledge. Most of the answers either come from other noobs that may be/were in a similar situation or from seasoned riders that genuinely desire to share knowledge (some learned the hard way).

It is the responsibility of each individual to evaluate the info provided and realize that there may be a lot of bias in many responses.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

T.W.O.
    I think if you post the same comment on the Beginner's forum you'd get a difference response and would not have earned the neg rep

Reading the rest of your respond did not give me the impression that you are a troll just wrong forum, some pos rep for you

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydogg View Post
    I asked a simple question, well atleast I thought it was. I have never heard of a 650b so i asked within a thread in the 650b section. I got flamed majorly. Not really fair you can get -9rep points for a single post/thread.
    the rep system needs to be revised so you can only get 1neg rep per moronic post.
    I'm sure I'll keep getting more even after i got flamed and realized maybe i should have positioned my question slightly different because guys get their panties in a bunch really quick! I apologized and still recieved another -4more reps.
    So, they ran out a newbie. i feel unwelcomed.
    Shameful because i moderate a truck forum and guys that get a vacation when they hammer on newbie's. it doesnt do good for the forums or for advertising purposes.

Good luck everyone. Wish i felt more welcome here.
    Fixed

EDR
    You should try the 29'er or Turner forums. Much more relaxed over there.

I like bikes.
    WOW. Thanks everyone. Was starting to actually get depressed about the whole biking thing. Much different attitude over here! Kinda wish i didnt post over there at all now, but I will venture out and post in different areas so I can meet more people and learn a few more things.

Thanks for fixing things, although it wasnt expected. I do appreciate it.

I wont be going into 650b anytime soon. I own a 29er and plan to stick with 29er section.
    Karakoram...ZS44, X-Fusion, Freq i23, Tioga's, Shadow & XT,Shim Hydro 180/160, MG-1 pedals & more.

Beer Me!
    I wont be going into 650b anytime soon. I own a 29er and plan to stick with 29er section.
    WHAT!!! 650b is the best evr, y u no switch, stuuupid

Glad to hear we gotcha back.

skilldest©
    I have never figured out the rep stuff. I have gotten neg rep pts and slightly confused over it. I have never given neg pts. I just move on if I don't like or understand what they post. Don't get depressed just move on.

IMO - there are a lot of people on here that know a lot of stuff and a very small % that are jackasses. Chin up!

+1 rep pt to you

Serenity now!
    I don't even know (or care) how to check my rep. I've noticed that the Interwebs seems to encourage socially unacceptable behavior in some people.:

mtbr member
    A smart move is always try searching the site or google something before asking if possiable.
    That's what I do.
    Many times you learn a lot more reading large threads then you would gettin short answers to questions that have been Asked countless times.
    It saves you from getting flamed by someone whose looking to be grumpy.

skilldest©
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieChik View Post
    I don't even know (or care) how to check my rep. I've noticed that the Interwebs seems to encourage socially unacceptable behavior in some people.:
    For example. I am going to add + 1 rep point to you for no reason at all.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Personally I put less than zero thought into someones rep points- it's the internet. Everyone has to start somewhere and I know damn well that everyone who bashed you has asked at least 10 stupid questions in their life time. People need to figure out that even if someone asks a dumb question there are ways to answer their questions without being an ass about it. In my line of work, I get dumb questions every day and usually they are the same ones from different people. I could blow up and get mad but choose the higher road and educate them instead- then I move on.

Read, ask and learn. Ignore the dumb crap and go out and ride!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    i wonder if other boards i use have this rep system, because this is the first time i heard about it. OP i repped you +1. i guess just like all other places, there are trolls every where. and like most vet users would say, use a search function or google it. i to am major noob to mtbr, but folks can troll me all they want, im just here for the few that are willing to give unbiased opinions/help. good day.

AZ
    banned
    650b is like religion, and you know what happens when you discuss religion.

Yes, that's fonetic
    WOW. Thanks everyone. Was starting to actually get depressed about the whole biking thing.
    Really? Over what some strangers said on the internet??

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I think people use the rep system wrong. I earned a negative rep. one time because someone didn't like my opinion. It was an opinion thread with opinion answers. I don't think you should give negative rep. if you don't agree with an opinion. Negative rep. should be used when people give inaccurate facts or data, or they are just being a tool.
    Many people really liked the same opinion that earned me a negative rep.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck View Post
    Probably more with the first impression he received of the biking community.

MilitaryBrat
    Aug 2012
    I'm a newb too...so that was sad to hear! Us newbs will stick together though!

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    Probably more with the first impression he received of the biking community.
    Obviously, but "the whole biking thing" should be about you, your bike, the trails and the people you ride with, not the attitude of a bunch of complete strangers. MTBR isn't "the biking community".

derp
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    650b is like religion, and you know what happens when you discuss religion.
    Like 29'ers, XC vs AM, Alloy vs Carbon or whether you should bunny hop over little kids. You get opinionated people everywhere.

I say forget about the rep, i just got neg repped for saying that 26er's aren't dead, the reason ? "26er's aren't dead, other people just drank the koolaid" ... So yeah, don't mind the neg rep because you'll receive plenty from everything and between.
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

Serenity now!
    Quote Originally Posted by _dragon View Post
    For example. I am going to add + 1 rep point to you for no reason at all.
    Is that good?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    i wouldn't make a big deal out of it... there's thousands of people on here, if a few don't like you, so be it. not everyone will, it'll be ok lol

Save Jesus
    Just be patient for now. 5 years later, when the 650B forum gets merged with the "Vintage, Retro, Classic" forum you can go back and gloat about it. "What were you guys thinking!?! LOL"

mtbr member
    Yup.

Remember, opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one

I will plus rep everyone in here for being good people lol.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dhelm72 View Post
    I think people use the rep system wrong. I earned a negative rep. one time because someone didn't like my opinion. It was an opinion thread with opinion answers. I don't think you should give negative rep. if you don't agree with an opinion. Negative rep. should be used when people give inaccurate facts or data, or they are just being a tool.
    Many people really liked the same opinion that earned me a negative rep.
    I received negative and positive rep for this post. How ironic. I guess that just proved my point.

Titanium junkie
    I asked a simple question, well atleast I thought it was. I have never heard of a 650b so i asked within a thread in the 650b section. I got flamed majorly. Not really fair you can get -9rep points for a single post/thread.
    the rep system needs to be revised so you can only get 1neg rep per moronic post.
    I'm sure I'll keep getting more even after i got flamed and realized maybe i should have positioned my question slightly different because guys get their panties in a bunch really quick! I apologized and still recieved another -4more reps.
    Shameful because i moderate a truck forum and guys that get a vacation when they hammer on newbie's. it doesnt do good for the forums or for advertising purposes.

Welcome to the wonderful world of shlt-heads, ignore the -rep and move on.
    Some around here have nothing better to do than harass someone new.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

My little friends
    Obviously, but "the whole biking thing" should be about you, your bike, the trails and the people you ride with, not the attitude of a bunch of complete strangers. MTBR isn't "the biking community".
    Actually, its only words on your monitor, placed there by the matrix

banned
    Feb 2012
    Hi OP, trolling again?

Just for the entertainment of all the good souls taking care of OP's soul wounds, he begins his entry into 650b forum with an inflammatory post calling the 650b idea silly ("why would one do that silly thing and not ride the perfectly OK 26 ot 29 wheels?"), then he calls everyone a troll, thread police, forum bullies, he then edits all his posts to remove all the original insults, calls himself a victim and cries here for sympathy. You are a sore loser OP.

Here is the thread but it is far from its original content thanks to OP's continuous edits: http://forums.mtbr.com/650b/potentia...on-806473.html

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Hi OP, trolling again?

Just for the entertainment of all the good souls taking care of OP's soul wounds, he begins his entry into 650b forum with an inflammatory post calling the 650b idea silly ("why would one do that silly thing and not ride the perfectly OK 26 ot 29 wheels?"), then he calls everyone a troll, thread police, forum bullies, he then edits all his posts to remove all the original insults, calls himself a victim and cries here for sympathy. You are a sore loser OP.

Here is the thread but it is far from its original content thanks to OP's continuous edits: http://forums.mtbr.com/650b/potentia...on-806473.html
    STIhacka i know your legit, and i already perused the thread. Yea maybe he edited his posts, but maybe he learned a lesson at the same time. MTBR has some sensitive people on it. As a friendly side note if there is an argumentative post, I usually like to quote it so it shows the prior un-edited original post. Keeps the proof in the pudding.

I really wish there was a greater solution to fix the a$$hole-ness of the internet. It makes me quite depressed to know that when you give humanity anonymity, they trend toward being jackwagons rather than people couscous of others feelings.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi OP, trolling again?
    Really, you came in here to post about how he was trolling? Complaining and defending your 650 like it is some kind of relegious state? So tell me again who the troll actually is???

Maybe his question lacked the right angle and any knowledge of the platform but you guys decided to turn it into a new guy gang-bang just to fuel your ego. Can you blame him for being a little put off? Not saying everyone needs to be handled with kit gloves but a little bit of mentorship can go a long way.

Take this conversation and put it in a face to face setting: You are the owner/ employee of a shop and he comes in and asks the same question. Would you treat him the same way or try to inform him? If you chose the lesser path, you would be the perfect business model of someone who would soon fail.

If you don't like him, add him to your ignore list- then grow up and act your age.

mtbr member
    Well, to put it in perspective, his original post would be something like the following:

Post 1: Hey great news, I hear something great about subject XXXXX
    OP response (thread hijack, BTW): Why do you guys even use XXXXX? I don't know anything about it but you guys are silly for trying something new out. XXXXX is silly and only for people who won't pick YYYYY or ZZZZZZ.
    Posts 2 - 100: WTF, TROLLLLLL

If he is moderator in another INTERNET forum, wouldn't he be able to see a threadjack/troll if he saw one? Do you think that INTERNET forum is devoid of the same type of people that use (mostly) anonymous internet forums everywhere else? It's akin to rudely butting into someone else's conversation, don't you think? The reaction of the 650b guys may have been overboard but at least someone learned their lesson. Why not post questions about 650b in the beginner's corner or start a new thread asking about it? I'm sure it would have been a much more positive response.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

Beer Me!
    Dude, fellas, whats with the poo flinging, let just let this thread die at this point.

No Stranger to danger....

LOL, Dirtydog, count yourself lucky, on my first post i thought id take the piss outa myself n make a thread on what was the best coloured speedos to ware to make me go faster, out of memory i got -140 Yes -140 odd for that post, i went straight into the red chicklets , but dont worry about it rep means nothin, its nice to use to give the under dogs a leg up n i like to give it to funny posts, but you need to have thick skin mate..

it seems as though chum has helped you out here, i should have written a blog about my --140 on my first post, just jokes i would have got an extra minus 200 if i did that, cheers

derp
    Well now that i read the entire thread and seeing that he edited his posts 2 days after he posted them, right at the same time he created this thread i'm a bit skeptic myself of his legitimacy, specially where it seems he's now complaining how everybody was giving him neg reps but he neg repped everyone

Act like what you preach and everything
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yeah don't sweat these looser that have nothing to do but make themselves feel better by putting you down. it's not like you know these people and/or will ever have contact with them in real life. people feel impowered hiding behind a computer. the rep system is stupid and means nothing to me.

positive rep me if you agree
    Living in Houston makes me more of a Ditch Bike Rider

Man my bike needs a better motor

I like bikes.
    Take a deap breath for this one....holy crap, didnt realize until i finished...lol

Hi OP, trolling again?

Seriously? Your gonna bring that thread over into here?..sigh....
    I ALWAYS edit my posts to either add material or correct grammar so people can better understand. The core of my posts never change. I'll admit I did remove content from my first post so fresh eyes would get their panties all in a bunch like you have done. Beside's, my first post is quote like 3 or 4 times... The rest of all most post I simply added to, nothing was removed.
    Thanks for linking the other thread. Much appreciated. I wasnt ever intending on linking things so there was no pointing fingers to any specific member. yes I did mention 650b and I understand you want to defend the whole group, but I never mentioned names. Now you have showed your face. Whether you care or not is no concern to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    Dude, fellas, whats with the poo flinging, let just let this thread die at this point.
    I know right!! This post was to help me, not to keep up on the bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by daves4mtb View Post
    So he now goes to complain about the thread, and says he isn't going to try a 650b because he didn't like the thread? That seems foolish, but to each their own. He may not have intended his first post as a troll but it sure read like one. I think perhaps everyone on both sides should be given benefit of the doubt
    Nope, never said I wouldnt try a 650b. Quite opposite. post #20 in other thread I said..."I completly agree. Huge difference between 26 and 29. 26 is just way too small. Feels like a kids bike. Not so sure the 650b would feel much different, so I'll have to try one out."

Quote Originally Posted by Tone's L'axeman View Post
    LOL, Dirtydog, count yourself lucky, on my first post i thought id take the piss outa myself n make a thread on what was the best coloured speedos to ware to make me go faster, out of memory i got -140 Yes -140 odd for that post, i went straight into the red chicklets , but dont worry about it rep means nothin, its nice to use to give the under dogs a leg up n i like to give it to funny posts, but you need to have thick skin mate..

it seems as though chum has helped you out here, i should have written a blog about my --140 on my first post, just jokes i would have got an extra minus 200 if i did that, cheers
    Thats insane! Looks like you've done pretty good so far then!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsilva View Post
    Well now that i read the entire thread and seeing that he edited his posts 2 days after he posted them, right at the same time he created this thread i'm a bit skeptic myself of his legitimacy, specially where it seems he's now complaining how everybody was giving him neg reps but he neg repped everyone

Act like what you preach and everything
    As i said above. Yeah, I did alter and remove from my first post so anyone else with fresh eyes didn't get offended and keep on flaming me. As for the rest of my posts, I have a habit of ALWAYS editing my posts to add mor material. I'm a fan of keeping relevant material in one thread rather than spread it out in multiple posts. I can certainly understand what you are saying. I have not changed my side nor opinion at all. I certainly didnt link that thread to try and prove my innocence either, if that were the case you would likely be correct as a skeptic. I never thought these guys would come over this way.

I'll say it again. I suppose "silly" wasnt a good word to use. I think my word "understand" was misinterpreted as well. I didnt mean understand to say it was the dumbest thing in the world. I meant understand just as the word means. I have no information about 650b's to be able to understand what the whole idea is about.
    I apologize and still get flamed??
    Daves4mtb, you seemed like you had wanted to put it past until obviously you seen this post. I cant think of any other reason. I never put your name out there, was never my plan.
    StiHacka, you say "put it to rest already" yet you come in here hot tempered again and post more. Yeah, you prob didnt see this until after you posted, hence the edit with the link so I do empathize some.

I want to end all this. i was upset and I posted this thread for some sympathy and to warn others, not to keep flaming. We dont have to agree with each others opinions if thats what you want to call it. even if I did :troll" to hate 650b, a bike i never even knew existed or what it even was. I never even heard of a 29er as a matter of fact until I went bike shopping!!!!!

I appreciate all the support but I'm tired of this already. I'm hoping we can put this mess behind us and move on. I'm callin peace Not sure if mods close thread in this forum but it's definately warranted. This thread has been much more popular than I ever imagined.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Stay classy OP. Your 1st post #2 - compare what is left there now and what is quoted in #3. You were only adding content, right? nuff said. Yeah I wanted it to die but then I found this gem where you painted the whole 650b forum with your broad brush yet were not corteous to be specific and give people the benefit of doubt. I neg repped you not for your first stupid hijack post but for your cocky response and you know it. Who knew you would make such a great deal out of the rep system that you obviously did not care about according to your original post, yet that made you create this monster to save your chicklets? I am done with this, waste of time and disk space.

Save Jesus

Upset

Nope, never said I wouldnt try a 650b. Quite opposite. post #20 in other thread I said..."I completly agree. Huge difference between 26 and 29. 26 is just way too small. Feels like a kids bike. Not so sure the 650b would feel much different, so I'll have to try one out."
    Since this is the beginner's forum and not 650B, I can say this.

You were right the first time and 650B is "silly", and no, you don't need to try it out anytime soon. Lack of rim and tire choice, no UST bead shelf standard for reliable tubeless use, frame compatibility issues, and did I mention lack of rim and tire choice? For now, it is the appendix of wheel sizes. Wait for others to figure out the standards before you buy stuff that is incompatible with other stuff. For example, I heard that 650B wheels will come with a 17.7mm thru axle. Because 20mm is too big and 15mm is too small.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by annandael View Post
    I'm a newb too...so that was sad to hear! Us newbs will stick together though!
    I am a noob too, if the other noob had of read the quote from the "NOOBS MUST READ", his hurt feelings could have been avoided.

"26” wheels or 29” or 650b or 700c or 24” or 20” or whatever – yes, that wheel size is rad and you’ll probably get where you’re going."

Instead he is going to try and "warn people" by calling one whole section a bunch of meanies. The only warning needed is above in bold quotations.

ONE speed under God.
    Jul 2012
    There appears to be a lot of people on here who will rip you if you post your new thread in the wrong forum. This is really idiotic and childish as I can't even figure out how the thread topics are organized... And the user interface on mtbr is marginal at best.
    Nashbar SS 29er
    K2 FS Attack
    Cannondale R600

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGABIGD View Post
    There appears to be a lot of people on here who will rip you if you post your new thread in the wrong forum. This is really idiotic and childish as I can't even figure out how the thread topics are organized... And the user interface on mtbr is marginal at best.
    The forum subjects are fairly self explanatory. The problem with the OP was his lack of tact, not in which forum he posted.

Edit to agree with Dirt Farmer: Yes, hopefully dirtydog will learn from this, move on and continue to post...mtbr can be a great resource.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast