1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: BB7s

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

BB7s

about ready to order a pair of BB7s and Speed Dial 7s to match, and I just need to know, if I order a 185mm set, will it come with the proper brackets and spacers to match my frame that I believe is currently running a 160mm rotor?

That, and will I need to order more cable and crimp ends? Sorry, never really done a complete brakeset change, so I have no idea what I really need to have to do it.

mtbr member
    Are you upgrading from BB5's? Just curious, cuz my bike came stock with the 5's. Was wondering if there is much of a difference in performance.
    Last edited by HardRockCop; 08-10-2008 at 02:55 AM.

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRockCop
    Are you upgrading from BB5's? Just curious, cuz my bike came stock with the 5's. Was wondering if there is much of a difference in performance.
    The difference is in adjustability not in actual performance. BB7's are much easier to dial in.

The kit should come with proper adapters.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    You'll need to supply cable, housing (or reuse the old), and end crimps (if you haven't already changed over to heat shrink ).

Spacers? Washers? Speed Dial washers? Yes.

Brackets? Maybe. If your fork IS 51mm? Yes, they'll be included. Post mount? Then maybe, maybe not. I've heard Avid has recently been including them.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN