Hey, so I ran a few searches but this problem is either unique or my search words were bad, I am running Avid Juicy 5's and whenever I remove the front wheel to mount my bike on the roof of my car, I insert a plastic shim to prevent the pistons from being inadvertently extended. Well today I did not have the plastic shim, but I remembered my friend from the LBS showing me how my new brake levers could be snapped forward to keep them from breaking off in a crash. I thought..Hey! I could snap the lever forward and that would make it just that much harder to accidentally squeeze the lever (I extended the pistons the first day I had the bike when I was a hydro n00b and they had to be bled ). Anyways so now I get home and re-attach the wheel, squeeze the lever and.. what the hell? The brake works, but the lever doesn't 'snap' back into it's original position. I now have a front brake lever that has a 3/4" longer travel than the back brake lever. ARRGH!

I went from riding crappy department store bikes (v-brakes) all my youth, when all I ever did was keep the driveline clean, to my recent purchase of my dream bike (Stumpy). So although I know how to maintain my new bike, I don't fully understand it...