Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

any biker here who owns trailers?

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  maxisbored 
#1 ·
wanted to get your feedbacks..i am planning to get this..

Photobucket

is it very tough or difficult to pull it along?i have no experience with this at all..

planning to bring my french bulldog whenever i go for a long ride..

See less See more
#2 ·
Friend of mine has one and he says he barely can tell it is there. I was going to get one but ended up getting a child seat that attaches directly to the bike on the rear rack. I like it a lot and can not even tell my 30 pound son is back there until he starts kicking me in the back. But as far as the trailer, a couple people I have talked to say it is pretty easy pulling as long as the terrain is decent (flat and smooth).

#3 ·
I can't see the picture since I'm at work but I am going to be getting one when my 5 week old gets to be like old enough to be trailered. I was looking at the ones that convert from jogging strollers to bike trailers, REI has some by some brand but they're kinda pricey.

But my friend has one too, forget the brand, but it doesn't bother him at all. He's not taking it anywhere rough obviously, but on flat ground it's fine.

As far as the rack mounted ones, I used to ride on one when I was younger, but I was under the impression they were looked upon as not very safe these days. Although I don't particularly think towing my kid in a trailer around cars is safe either, so who knows

#4 ·
I have one and love it

They work great it will really build you climbing speeds
when I am stuck babysitting and need to get a ride in I just buckle my boy in and climb you will notice a huge difference when you get on your regular bike and toy with the climbs...
K.C.

#5 ·
When I used mine, i towed over 100 pounds on excursions with cooler, supplies, 2 kids, etc...

Once it gets moving you can't even feel it. Just make sure the tires are well inflated. Beware of fast speeds when braking as the trailer seems to push a lot. Make sure you have "awesome" brakes. I got some AVID BB7's with the best cables and great levers. You might also want to go one size bigger on the front rotor as well just to keep things cool.

#7 ·
These types of trailers are rated for 2 kids or about 100lbs.
i have one and I don't even notice it on flat ground. But any sort of incline, you're going to notice.
Also, if you're going to use it as a stroller, DO NOT get the double wide, as it's too wide to stroll the kids any where indoor. Think of going to the mall with a double wide stroller, people will hate you.

#8 ·
Get the trailer, and you wont regret it. The trailer has many advantages to it. The main one if you have a bike seat and you fall the kid goes along with you. if your bike falls with the trailer, the bike falls but not the trailer. Use one for many years. first with the first born then with both of them. Not a bad memory.

#11 ·
I own one and tow my 3 y/o daughter around. I got it used. It's great.

Most are made by Pacific Cycle and branded for each company (InStep, Schwinn, & others)
http://www.pacific-cycle.com/

I don't have the stroller attachment, but it might not be a bad thing in a park, fair, etc. Probably not good in a mall.

Hardwarz

#16 ·
Ive got one of the insetp ones (from target, about $100 at the time, think theyre around $80 now). It has worked out great for hauling my daughter around. She has a little trouble with the seatback pushing on her helmet. also one of the straps that supports the seat bottom wore through and broke, I was able to rig something up with some straps from a camping store but if you think youll use it a lot (if both you and your littleone like going for rides you probably will) then spend the extra bucks for a nicer one like the burlys.

#17 ·
wow...the burley is cool

wow..it's the 1st time i've heard of the burley and decided to go check out their webby. It does look very cool and sturdy. looks very expensive and quality stuff as well. I got mine 2nd hand at 200 SGD. It's alot of money to bring in trailers into my country anyway..

someone requested for my dog's picture. So, i'll just put one only..=)

keep riding guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.