1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    Using No Way as Way...
    Mar 2010

Any Advice/Experience w/ Specialized SJ elite vs SJ comp EVO?

so ive decided on these two as my final choices, 2012 Specialized StumpJumper FSR Elite or the StumpJumper FSR Comp EVO. i kno the obvious differences, being price and components, but is there anything i should be taking into consideration? i know the more expensive elite will give me better components. im not much on swapping parts out for aftermarket pieces, id like to have it ready to ride.

ive been looking at the SJ elite for a few wks now. LBS will have a pretty big end of year sale coming up. but i also came across the comp EVO. although i havent rode on it yet. seems very similar, but there is quite a bit of price difference.

i just recently sold my Specialized XC FSR expert and am looking for an upgrade. ill be doing mostly trail riding/single track.

hope i can get some more advice/tips or anyones experience on these two...

TIA.

Picture Unrelated
    Ride it and then make your decision. If your trails are rough or technical you'll probably like the EVO more.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?