1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Amelia earhart

YOU SCRATHED MY BIKE!!!!

... and if we just ... Amelia earhart

i went riding this week for the first time ever i had so much fun i fell a few times nothing much but a few scrapes and bruises not a big deal. but my trek 3700 held up through the trails i pushed it pretty hard. im the kind of person that when i go into a new sport i tend to push limits of my skill so i think i didnt look like a total noob. i entered some of the intermediate trails that had some down hills and some decent steep climbs and i was able to do most.
    but the best thing is that you are getting a extreme workout w/ out getting bored. im so happy i chose this new hobby =D
    i start college in august so i am gonna ride as much as possible over the next month and a half.
    sadly i had no camera with me but next time ill make sure to put photos up
    2010 Trek 4300
    WTB VelociRaptors

mtbr member
    Sounds like you had a good time. I'm ready to try Amelia, Oleta and Markham myself. Waiting for my bike to get here is just killing me.

YOU SCRATHED MY BIKE!!!!
    being the first time ive ever ridden i love Amelia but i really want to try oleta and markham park as well next time i go to the gun range ill prolly take the bike =D also i heard crandon park has some good trails =)
    2010 Trek 4300
    WTB VelociRaptors

mtbr member
    The gun range is another place I've been meening to hit up. I normally go to trail glades, but a trip to markham were you could shot and mtb sounds good too.

YOU SCRATHED MY BIKE!!!!
    yea there gunrange is really good they are all about safety
    2010 Trek 4300
    WTB VelociRaptors

too cold to ride
    (Plane flys low over Al Cervik's yacht)

Al: Hey, I just got head from Amelia Earhart!
    Now go home and get your ******* shinebox.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I started riding a few weeks ago and Amelia has been great. Looking forward to upgrading my bike and trying the Oleta next.

mtbr member
    A group of us rides Oleta/Markham/Amelia every weekend... feel free to text me your cellphones and I'll add you guys to the group-texts we send out..

Bryan

YOU SCRATHED MY BIKE!!!!
    alright man sounds good i just sold the trek for 240 so i might go get a new bike at the LBS i have 500 to spend ! =D
    2010 Trek 4300
    WTB VelociRaptors