mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Airborne Seeker?

Hey all,

I posted earlier about a local $600 Specialized Rockhopper, and it seems that it's a good frame w/ subpar components. Seems most bikes in that price range have sub-par forks (how is Suntour in business?!) amongst other things. While perusing the forum, I came upon the Airborne Seeker, which seems to receive consensus praise for the components on it at that price point. While I was not originally planning on spending that much, I am a firm believer in "buy once, cry once." I don't mind paying for quality, as I know how frustrating it can be to buy something, only to have to constantly fiddle with it (plus the free shipping plus 6 months interest-free financing doesn't hurt!)

Do you wise sages of MTBR think this would be a good semi-beginner bike? I've been riding since I was a kid, albeit casually, and plan on hitting all the local areas to me (Alafia, Boyette, Flatwoods, etc) which consist of a decent amount of XC and some actual elevation changes due to being in old quarries.

As always, thank you in advance for any words of wisdom!

Matt

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Re: Airborne Seeker?

I'm probably not one to have any say in this as I'm a total beginner on a hardrock with crap v-brakes but from what I can tell, you'll get much more bike for the $ with the seeker (or any airborne model) compared to any other brand..

even look at their guardian 2.0 model. For 599 you won't find a better bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The Seeker is a good bike for developing skills. You can ride fun/difficult trails no problem.
    But sorry, the buy/cry deal doesn't work with mtbiking. You will not be buying once.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    The Seeker is a good bike for developing skills. You can ride fun/difficult trails no problem.
    But sorry, the buy/cry deal doesn't work with mtbiking. You will not be buying once.
    10-4, I don't think it'll last me FOREVER, but I'd rather not buy something that I need to start upgrading a month or two down the road. Now if the mod bug bites, I understand, but that's a luxury, not a necessity to upgrade parts/the bike itself.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I just took my second short ride on my new Seeker. All I can say is buy it, you won't regret it.

It is my first mtb, I have been riding a road bike for years. The only thing I could criticize is the seat and that is No big deal. The 2X10 gearing is really sweet. I can't wait to put its through its paces in the woods. I also put canfield crampon ultimate pedals on it. They are incredible as well, a little pricey, though