1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Air shock Pump?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Join Date
    May 2008

    Air shock Pump?

    So i am looking at the KHS with an air shock. i know that you need a special pump for these. my question is, do these bikes come with this pump from the factory? or will i need to buy one somewhere else.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I bought a Stumpjumper and the LBS supplied one but I dont think thats the norm. If you do have to buy one you can probably get a good deal from the LBS when you pick up your bike. If not you can get a Fox shock pump at Jensens for $30.
    Last edited by burger49; 10-22-2010 at 11:25 PM.

  3. #3
    Trying not to kill myself
    Reputation: gabe23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Trek supplies them with their bikes but lots of other brands don't. Any LBS will have one if you end up needing it. I think they run around $40-50 in the store, but you can probably find them cheaper online.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts