1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member

?? about my new bike.

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anybody here rides a full suspension Windsor. I just bought a Windsor Ghost 6500 the other day (it will be here wednesday). I was just wanting maybe a few people that ride one tell me what they are like and are they good?
    [SIZE="3"][08' Windsor Ghost 6500][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Rock Shox Dart 1 - Tektro Discs - WTB Velociraptors - Alex DP17 rims[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Ride it like you stole it.[/SIZE]

SSolo
    Apr 2008
    Never heard of the brand, but searched a little and found not much of assisstance. I would never buy a bike without first riding it in the sizes that seem appropriate for me. BTW, a Rockshox Dart1 is not that great a fork and I can feel a big difference with my Dart3 over the Dart1. However they are both way better than a Suntour fork. I doubt a full suspension bike at this price is a good bike, but ya never know....personally I'd stick with a hardtail at this price.....is it too late to cancel the order and get something else?

http://windsorbicycles.com/

http://www.cyclingforums.com/reviews.../cat/63/page/1

Windsor Ghost 6500 Full Suspension Mountain Bike with Shimano 24 Speeds

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/..._ghost6500.htm
    Last edited by Natedogz; 06-22-2008 at 06:09 PM.
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son...

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Why do you want to know if the bike you ALREADY purchased is any good? Most people do their purchasing research BEFORE they make their purchase, the old classic "Informed buying decision".
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Of course its a good bike. Why? Because you already bought it. Had you asked before you bought it NO ONE here would have advised you to do so but you did. Ride it, make up your own mind and learn.

mtbr member
    Trust me, I graduated from University of Google. I juiced the net like an orange for info on my bike prospects. Found a few reviews of Windsor in general but none of the bike. For bang for my buck I know I am dead on with what I can afford and what I will be doing with it. Any step up from Wal-mart is a better investment to me.
    [SIZE="1"]Rock Shox Dart 1 - Tektro Discs - WTB Velociraptors - Alex DP17 rims[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Despite the fact that I've never encountered one (and any attempts to contact the company have gone unanswered) they appear to be comparable both in terms of price/ component spec to Motobecane.
    After doing some brief browsing, it seems they are often carried by the same distributors here in the States.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers
    Trust me, I graduated from University of Google. I juiced the net like an orange for info on my bike prospects. Found a few reviews of Windsor in general but none of the bike. For bang for my buck I know I am dead on with what I can afford and what I will be doing with it. Any step up from Wal-mart is a better investment to me.

It's certainly a couple steps up from a dept. store bike.I think it's pretty good myself and as long as you're happy don't let anyone else get you down about it.Have fun,ride it to death and if you enjoy it enough start saving up for a better one down the road.

mtbr member

mmhhmmm

Quote Originally Posted by CRed
    It's certainly a couple steps up from a dept. store bike.I think it's pretty good myself and as long as you're happy don't let anyone else get you down about it.Have fun,ride it to death and if you enjoy it enough start saving up for a better one down the road.
    That is exactly my plans. Ride this one for a few years and then make a bigger step and maybe get a 4 link with some awesome eyebrow raising components. Thanks for the input everyone.

Cheezy Rider
    I knew a guy who had a couple Windsor road bikes. They were pretty decent.