Haphazard Adventurer
    Apr 2010

20mm QR or bolt on?

Just got a hold of a marzochi fork with 20mm thru axle, and a wheel set. I suppose the only reason to get a QR is so yo can take it off quickly right? I also suppose its slightly less strong than a bolt on as with standard axles. So what are the pros and cons of a 20mmQR vs a 20mm bolt on?

Thanks
    Last edited by subafly; 05-11-2010 at 12:05 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm having the same type of issue. I'm trying to put a bike together, and I want to know if I'll need to order anything special or do anything special to use a 20mm maxle fork with a hub made for a 20mm thru axle on a set of wheels

mtbr member
    A 20mm thru axle is stiffer than 9mm... I am not familiar with the different types but I would think 20mm QR axle would be just as stiff as a bolt on, the difference is just how the azle is held in place.

Quote Originally Posted by subafly
    Just got a hold of a marzochi fork with 20mm thru axle, and a wheel set. I suppose the only reason to get a QR is so yo can take it off quickly right? I also suppose its slightly less strong than a bolt on as with standard axles. So what are the pros and cons of a 20mmQR vs a 20mm bolt on?

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0