1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

2014 Access Stealth Trail

I recently decided I wanted to get back into bike riding. I went out an purchased a new 2013 GT karakoram 2.0, I later decided the bike just wasn't for me after riding about 20 miles. Since it was purchased at Performance bike i test rode everything in sight. The only thing that felt comfortable when i test rode was the Access. This bike was a little more coin than the karakoram 2.0 but i felt the upgrades were worth it.

I guess I am just looking for some opinions here if it was a sound choice getting back into biking, or if i have made some terrible error.

Any feedback is appreciated, however I honestly love the bike and everything about how it rides

steel is real...heavy
    Nov 2005
    Looks like a sweet ride for the money....post up a review.
    South Central PA

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    It was an easy upgrade for me over the karakoram after about a week. Everything that was factory installed on this bike were things I already wanted for the karakoram 2.0.

steel is real...heavy
    Nov 2005
    I think you made a good choice to make a comeback. Go tubeless and ride the hell out of it. Sign up for a race to get done training motivation. Bam.
    South Central PA

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jvp108 View Post
    Looks like a sweet ride for the money....post up a review.
    Yea, seems like it. I would love to read a review as well...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Need a little more seat time. However at this point I have found few if any negatives.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I rode an aluminum Access 29er for a couple years (my first 29er) and it served me quite well. If you're happy with it, ride it with pride and confidence. They are equipped nicely, even a decent set of wheels (a place many manufacturers will cut corners).

There are folks that will put down a bike and they have never ever even seen one in person, let alone ridden one. Don't let snobs get you down.

steel is real...heavy
    Nov 2005
    Passing bike snobs on my way to the podium is one of the perks of these types of bikes.
    South Central PA

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Great post I have also been looking at this bike and will probably pull the trigger on it soon glad there are good things said cant find many online about it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Thanks for the kind responses. Sadly the weather has sucked and I haven't been able to get out and ride over the past few days.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I got a Access 29r frame and just loving it to bits. really nice frame regardless of price IMO. This Stealth looks nice, but I was wondering if it's a 142 compatible, and what is the max brake rotor size. Looking at the geo this frame screams potential, I really hope they offer frames only soon. have fun, let us know how it holds up.
    RM Vapor
    Access XCL 9r

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I just looked at this bike today. On sale it seems like a good choice.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Great bike had mine about 3 mths and it rides great.