mtbr member

2010 specialized hard rock wheel upgrade

i would like to upgrade the wheels on my hard rock disc 2010, what wheels would you suggest or recommend i would like to try to lose a little weight but its not a deal breaker if i cant. any suggestions would be appreciated. my lbs said the rhyno lite wheels with xt hubs would be a great upgrade they are asking 179.95 what do you think.i was looking at the azonic outlaws but i thought i would ask the pro's first
    Last edited by 05kas05; 04-10-2010 at 06:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 05kas05
    i would like to upgrade the wheels on my hard rock disc 2010, what wheels would you suggest or recommend i would like to try to lose a little weight but its not a deal breaker if i cant. any suggestions would be appreciated. my lbs said the rhyno lite wheels with xt hubs would be a great upgrade they are asking 179.95 what do you think.i was looking at the azonic outlaws but i thought i would ask the pro's first
    Those Rhyno Lite's would be good wheels. Are these the wheels, or are they the V-brake/Disc Brake version?

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Wheelset.aspx

Save you probably 10 dollars or so. +$17 shipped, no tax.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    both would be pretty bad wheels for a hardrock, especially the outlaws.

did you break your wheels?

mtbr member
    no i did not brake the wheels.i ride my bike to and from work almost daily and the original tires and wheels will be for that. i would like to have another set of wheels for my nevegals
    which is what i use on the trails on the weekends.i have everything else just need the wheels. when you say bad for a hardrock do you mean as in not good ,if so what would you recommend. i plan to use these wheels on future bikes as my skills progress.
    Last edited by 05kas05; 04-11-2010 at 03:02 PM.