1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

2009 Cannondale F7 CO2 Disc Weight?

No one lists the weight for this bike, anyone know what the weight is in a medium?

Why not just weigh it? Why does it matter? If you're just shopping still, many shops could weigh it for you if it's much different than this http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...2582&Type=bike...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Swiped from Cannondale's website:

WEIGHT: Don't see a weight listed for this bike? Wondering why that is? Well, we used to list our weights based upon medium or 56 inch frame and err on the side of caution when we know there will be variances due to welds, paint thicknesses, etc. But some of our competitors are weighing their small or extra small frames and rounding down. Then you're left wondering what's going on and making important buying decisions based upon faulty information. That's not right.

So because weight is too important to you as a consumer, we encourage a healthy bit of skepticism over published weights. Go to your local dealer, see it, feel it, weigh it and test ride it for yourself. We're that confident. You should be, too.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I don't know the exact weight, but I'd be willing to bet it's somewhere between 30 and 31 lbs. I say that 'cause my '08 F7 was 30.5. Now it's 25, though lol.

Probably drunk right now

Weight Question

How much do you weigh? Are you at 10% body fat? Are you 10 pounds above where you'd like to be?

If you're at 10% body fat and less than 5-10 pounds of your ideal weight; then weight matters.

If not, then weight doesn't matter that much.