1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: 2008 f29 msrp?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

2008 f29 msrp?

I am considering a 2008 Cannondale F29 I found for sale. However, I can not find the 2008 MSRP and specs to identify if it is a good deal? Any idea on where I can find the specs/MSRP (I tried the cannondale site & bikapedia with negative results)?

---And/Or---

What would you pay for a 2008 F29/Caffeine Silver that has only allegedly been ridden three times?

Thanks in advance...

mtbr member
    http://bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeS...er+3&Type=bike

I would pay about 500 bucks for it, if I ever wanted a Cannondale

EDIT: Ok, I guess I didn't clarify. Does the bike have gears? I posted you the SS version. My buddy rides the Caffeine with gears. He bought it last year brand new (it had been sitting at the shop for a couple years). He dropped a whopping 800 bucks for it. Granted, he knows the owner of the shop real well and it had been sitting around. He just wanted to get rid of it.
    Last edited by 3fast3furious; 07-26-2011 at 05:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fast3furious View Post
    http://bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeS...er+3&Type=bike

I would pay about 500 bucks for it, if I ever wanted a Cannondale

EDIT: Ok, I guess I didn't clarify. Does the bike have gears? I posted you the SS version. My buddy rides the Caffeine with gears. He bought it last year brand new (it had been sitting at the shop for a couple years). He dropped a whopping 800 bucks for it. Granted, he knows the owner of the shop real well and it had been sitting around. He just wanted to get rid of it.
    Thanks... The asking price was $1200, but after I query basic info (like the year), they said they would except $1000. I just queried which model F29 it was.

Thanks again, I couldn't find that link on my own for some reason!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    For what its worth, I never got to see this bike in person, it sold for $1200

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I bought mine from the LBS for $900 cash OTD. So apparently I got a good deal, the one I bought the frame had only a few hundred miles on it, but the it had upgraded brakes, and cables. The drive train was new, as the owner used something else when he had it. The original owner was friend of the owner of the LBS, and has about 9 different bikes to ride to my understanding, my F29 was just the one he rode the least.I think the MSRP of the 2008 F29 Caffeine was about $1800.