mtbr member
    Jun 2009

2006 Trek Remedy 66 vs. 2008 Specialized Pitch Comp

I am looking at both of these bikes slightly used. Both are in great condition. Both are just under $1000. Which would be the smart buy and why? Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

My take on the pitch

I don't know a ton about the remedy, but I do have an "09 Pitch, which is awesome. I like the FSR suspension for the climbs and plushness under breaking/pedaling. It is a little heavy at about 34 lbs for a large, but I ride it XC and love it. I really don't think you can beat it for the price. Unless the remedy is at least 2-3 lbs lighter, I'd go with the Pitch no question.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    A newbie and a heavy bike = NO FUN...trust me, I've been there before!
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

T.W.O.
    under 1k pitch sound pretty good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Fbomber
    I don't know a ton about the remedy, but I do have an "09 Pitch, which is awesome. I like the FSR suspension for the climbs and plushness under breaking/pedaling. It is a little heavy at about 34 lbs for a large, but I ride it XC and love it. I really don't think you can beat it for the price. Unless the remedy is at least 2-3 lbs lighter, I'd go with the Pitch no question.
    I hope my weight comment didn't discourage you from the Pitch, since it turns out I'm a 'tard and it actually weighs 31.5 lbs with XT cranks.