1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2013

2005 Yeti 575 - Front Fork Replacement

Not sure exactly where to post this, but figured I'd start here.
    So about a year ago I purchased a used Yeti 575 off a guy I work with. Pretty sure he purchased it new in 2005. Problem now is the front fork is completely shot. Guess he didn't have it serviced as frequently as it should have been.
    I'm not exactly sure what to replace the fork with. Currently has a Fox Float 130mm. Should I replace it with a similar shock? The local shop I usually get work done at quoted me around $800+ for a Fox Float. This sound reasonable?
    I appreciate the help. I am extremely unfamiliar with new bike components and technology. I took a few years off from biking, and am totally lost with what's out there.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yes 800$ is about what a Fox fork goes for,you could get something cheeper from Rock Shox or Manitou. Mybe check ebay or pink bike for something used. Has anyone looked at it and told you it wasn't repairable?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Re: 2005 Yeti 575 - Front Fork Replacement

Ya Fox is very smooth but very pricey. Try Rockshox reba. Very light - performs well.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2