1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    Here's a video from one of our MTBR members (Dion). Does this help?

My 3rd Day of Trials on Vimeo
    woah dude, as much as this one is simple , i really X3 loved it ! it's like same bmx but with this "static hopping " witch gives another perspective for riding ( dont judge me for my explanations , haha , im just excited about it )

i think i just decided.
    as much as i wanted front and rear shocks , which seemed to so awesome to ride
    i'll be honest to myself and will buy the closest thing to the type of riding i've used to ride .
    well , i'll keep this post postponed in my bookmarks , because im about to buy it in 2\3 month from now ( just had a crash with my motorcycle , lots of cash suddenly disappeared)

anyways , any brand suggestions ? i understand that there's different size of wheels?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    Great to see you take it in good humor. I like you guys - I was trained by some IDF armor guys while I was in the military, and the guys were great.

I think the bottom line is to find a bike that you like. In your case, the scaled-up BMX bikes like the Specialized P series probably fits what you want best.

-S
    i was in idf for got damn 3 years dude , we should take most of the things in good humor, otherwise we would all die from depression

and btw in what military you've been at ?

mtbr member
    This is sexy Specialized P Street 2

minus the fork, that is not sexy.

Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    i picked this one
    now im looking for a place to buy from ( not easy to find dealers shipping to ISR :\ )
    Ozonys King of Dunce 24

like , almost completely different comparing to the two first pictures at the beginning of this post , but , i can feel this is the right thing

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by subwoffer13 View Post
    i picked this one
    now im looking for a place to buy from ( not easy to find dealers shipping to ISR :\ )
    Ozonys King of Dunce 24

like , almost completely different comparing to the two first pictures at the beginning of this post and this one, but , i can feel this is the right thing
    Uh oh. Wrong choice. That's not even a mountain bike.

That's a trials specific bike (not "trail" specific) and you will walk faster than riding that thing around. It is horrible for mountain biking and riding in general, unless trials is what you want to do.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by subwoffer13 View Post
    i was in idf for got damn 3 years dude , we should take most of the things in good humor, otherwise we would all die from depression

and btw in what military you've been at ?
    Like you, I had to serve 30 months (2-1/2 years) in the Singapore armed forces. I had fun as a recon for an armored unit riding military motocross bikes and M113s every day. That was 20 years ago before I moved to the US.

-S

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by shibiwan; 11-30-2012 at 11:22 AM.

mtbr member
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.

have a look through this thread. AM hardtails.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

Picture Unrelated
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinGB View Post
    The All Mountain Hardtail Thread. Post up yours.

have a look through this thread. AM hardtails.
    Have to agree with this. What you want, OP, is an AM hardtail like an On-One 456 or a Transition TransAM (which has been stated). Second choice for me would be a DJ hardtail, something like a P series Specialized. The AM hardtail will be reasonably slack for aggressive use but will still be able to be pedaled uphill when you need to. A DJ bike is fun but often can't be run will full length seatposts; for those of us 6' tall that becomes a problem because you can't get your saddle high enough to pedal properly.

The second bike you posted seems like someone took a frame and put a way too long fork on it. In the real world, that bike would pedal like crap. Stick with something designed around a 4-6" suspension fork and you'll be much happier.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2