• 11-30-2012
    subwoffer13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    Here's a video from one of our MTBR members (Dion). Does this help?

My 3rd Day of Trials on Vimeo

woah dude, as much as this one is simple , i really X3 loved it ! it's like same bmx but with this "static hopping " witch gives another perspective for riding :D ( dont judge me for my explanations , haha , im just excited about it )

i think i just decided.
    as much as i wanted front and rear shocks , which seemed to so awesome to ride
    i'll be honest to myself and will buy the closest thing to the type of riding i've used to ride .
    well , i'll keep this post postponed in my bookmarks , because im about to buy it in 2\3 month from now ( just had a crash with my motorcycle , lots of cash suddenly disappeared)

anyways , any brand suggestions ? i understand that there's different size of wheels?
  • 11-30-2012
    subwoffer13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    Great to see you take it in good humor. I like you guys - I was trained by some IDF armor guys while I was in the military, and the guys were great.

I think the bottom line is to find a bike that you like. In your case, the scaled-up BMX bikes like the Specialized P series probably fits what you want best.

-S

i was in idf for got damn 3 years dude , we should take most of the things in good humor, otherwise we would all die from depression :D

and btw in what military you've been at ?
  • 11-30-2012
    MTBerNick
    This is sexy Specialized P Street 2

minus the fork, that is not sexy.

Specialized Bicycle Components
  • 11-30-2012
    subwoffer13
    i picked this one
    now im looking for a place to buy from ( not easy to find dealers shipping to ISR :\ )
    Ozonys King of Dunce 24
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...76188018_n.jpg

like , almost completely different comparing to the two first pictures at the beginning of this post , but , i can feel this is the right thing :)
  • 11-30-2012
    Dion
    Quote:

Originally Posted by subwoffer13 View Post
    i picked this one
    now im looking for a place to buy from ( not easy to find dealers shipping to ISR :\ )
    Ozonys King of Dunce 24
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...76188018_n.jpg

like , almost completely different comparing to the two first pictures at the beginning of this post and this one, but , i can feel this is the right thing :)

Uh oh. Wrong choice. That's not even a mountain bike. :nono:

That's a trials specific bike (not "trail" specific) and you will walk faster than riding that thing around. It is horrible for mountain biking and riding in general, unless trials is what you want to do.
  • 11-30-2012
    shibiwan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by subwoffer13 View Post
    i was in idf for got damn 3 years dude , we should take most of the things in good humor, otherwise we would all die from depression :D

and btw in what military you've been at ?

Like you, I had to serve 30 months (2-1/2 years) in the Singapore armed forces. I had fun as a recon for an armored unit riding military motocross bikes and M113s every day. That was 20 years ago before I moved to the US.

-S

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
  • 11-30-2012
    RobinGB
    http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/...rs-279265.html

have a look through this thread. AM hardtails.
  • 11-30-2012
    zebrahum
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinGB View Post
    http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/...rs-279265.html

have a look through this thread. AM hardtails.

Have to agree with this. What you want, OP, is an AM hardtail like an On-One 456 or a Transition TransAM (which has been stated). Second choice for me would be a DJ hardtail, something like a P series Specialized. The AM hardtail will be reasonably slack for aggressive use but will still be able to be pedaled uphill when you need to. A DJ bike is fun but often can't be run will full length seatposts; for those of us 6' tall that becomes a problem because you can't get your saddle high enough to pedal properly.

The second bike you posted seems like someone took a frame and put a way too long fork on it. In the real world, that bike would pedal like crap. Stick with something designed around a 4-6" suspension fork and you'll be much happier.