1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    tattoon

1 1/2 year riding. looking for company in Placerville area.

Hey everyone,
    Just looking for people to ride with that wont hold me up or smoke me like a pack of cools. I live in placerville, ride the tracks to Shingle, flemming meadows, sly park, salmon falls, and have ridden almost all of the Auburn area.

I ride sly park in arond 1 hour, same with flemming meadows. I am by no means fast, but i like to push myself. Have an 07 stuppy fsr and i've only been riding about a year and a half.

I have never, that's right, never riden along with someone. I work afternoons and have wierd shifts, but i can ride in the early am. My longest ride was alittle around 35 miles in Auburn that took me around 4 hours. None of my buddies ride and they've seen my scars and think i'm nuts.

any newbys like me who want a riding buddy let me know.
    Beer.................now there's a temporary solution.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'll bet you can find some people if you post in the Norcal forum ... ride on!