1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jul 2013

07 diamondback coil ex fshock size?

Hey guys I've been told this is a waste of money and have read it a bunch of times but I'm curious. What's the size I need to look for in a a front shock that will fit my 07 diamondback coil ex? Also sizes on the rear shock to?

i ride mostly downhill rocky terrain.
    would like to only spent $100-200 on a front shock and around the same for the rear.

What could go wrong ...
    you will need a 80mm travel fork with a 1 1/8" steerer tube and just measure the eye to eye and the stroke on your rear shock to see what size you need. I have seen Fox rear shocks on this site going for a little over $200 and you can get a RS XC30 for about $150. Neither of these upgrades will make your bike suitable for rocky downhill riding. Hope this helps
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me