Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    you here too? looks like you need a bigger fridge already.

i've still got 5 of my 6 westys as well; planning on an annual tasting to see how they age.

how's the salty scott?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by xy9ine View Post
    you here too? looks like you need a bigger fridge already.
    i've still got 5 of my 6 westys as well; planning on an annual tasting to see how they age.
    how's the salty scott?
    Not everything was pushed all the way to the back. There was room for about 8-10 more bottles (though I've now added 5 and drank 1, so that number has decreased). I don't plan to have more inventory than this (hah.. plan anyway..) and short-term storage can happen in the main fridge for a few beers too.

I love the Salty Scot, had one and picked up 4 more just to have on hand. Not very expensive compared to the RIS's etc. Quite sweet, lots and lots of toffee flavour. Lighter bodied than most scotch ales which is what I like about it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by LostBoyScout View Post
    Actually there are 5 Westy's hiding in there. Have you had the 8Wired iStout? Not exactly a quad (a RIS rather) but good lord is that a tasty beer.
    I have not, for as much beer as I have, there is still so much more I have not tried.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post

You have a great collection there JFryauff.

mtbr member
    I'll play. Here is my beer fridge. About time to stock up again soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Beer Collection / Storage-photo.jpg  

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSoCAL View Post
    I'll play. Here is my beer fridge. About time to stock up again soon.
    Nice! loving all those boxes!
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I find that while the boxes look cool, they take up too much valuable real estate.
    I thought I had a pretty awesome beer 'frig- but JFryauff... DooD!!

Klurejr- you need a full refrigerator, bro! (no freezer)

mtbr member
    The boxes really don't take up any extra room. Besides its what's in them that counts. As you can see I do have a liking for Firestone Walker beers. My top shelf is full of DBA,14,15,16 annv and Parabola. I took the photo with my Iphone so I couldn't fit the door in the pic but it is full of Parabola and I have a case of the 2013 on the way. I will have several bottles of each release. To me it seems to age well with time but is just as good fresh. Some people think otherwise. The second shelf down was full of Abyss and Deschutes 23rd and 24th. The wife keeps drinking them. Its about time to put a lock on the fridge. Good thing she is not fond of the Firestone beers.

Beer Please!
    The boxes really don't take up any extra room. Besides its what's in them that counts.
    My comment was a compliment, I know what is in those boxes.... I have a few in my fridge as well.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by RRRoubaix View Post
    Klurejr- you need a full refrigerator, bro! (no freezer)
    I currently use the Freezer to store frozen mugs for drinking water or milk out of (not beer mind you, I am a purist), it is also an extra storage for ice bags when we have parties and such.

Also the Fridge was free, I simply moved it out of my kitchen when we bought a new one and rolled it into the garage.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the compliment. Some people just don't seem to understand good beer and the cost associated with it.

Beer Please!
    Thanks for the compliment. Some people just don't seem to understand good beer and the cost associated with it.
    Have you seen my fridge? lol I think I have nearly a grand worth of beer in there...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    This is a great threadd.... that first picture is awesome... Got to have some Firestone's...i am aging a sucaba for 2 years,,, at `1 yr and 2 months now... 10 more to go

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Back to the top! Here is a picture with most of my current collection (at least, as of a few weeks ago - a few Logsdon addition since then) with a 2012 Dissident in the foreground:

Hi.
    Back to the top! Here is a picture with most of my current collection (at least, as of a few weeks ago - a few Logsdon addition since then) with a 2012 Dissident in the foreground:
    Nice! Do you get Cantillon locally? If so, how much does it cost you?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Your Beer Collection / Storage

Quote Originally Posted by jtmartino View Post
    Nice! Do you get Cantillon locally? If so, how much does it cost you?
    I do, availability is not good (pops up every now and then), I pay $8-18 for a 375 and the 750's are typically $25

Hi.
    I do, availability is not good (pops up every now and then), I pay $8-18 for a 375 and the 750's are typically $25
    That's solid. They get distributed here too, but usually disappear the day they are put on shelves. And usually more expensive - $5-10 more per bottle. Bummer, because they are really drinkable beers that I'd like to pair with dinner more often.

PRETENDURO
    Picked up these fine bottles today to add to my rotating storage:

Some delicious ones in that lineup, in addition to one Iíve not yet tried.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Mmmmm..Clown Shoes. I have been very pleased with the CS I've tried.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3