Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    to think i've been wasting all this time drinking my beer!?

Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowdave View Post
    to think i've been wasting all this time drinking my beer!?
    We all drink our beer...it's just a matter of when.

mtbr member
    If someone want to try beer from Poland e-mail me: sagitt@op.pl. I can deliver popular, local or uncommon kind of beer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Some in the beer fridge, most in a closet in the cellar, good drinking temps for the 3 winter months. Have Sierra Nevada Bigfoot back to 1989, yum.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I don't have a 'collection' right now, as I live in a small apartment with the girlfriend and have no such storage... but I do have a decent selection to choose from at the moment so I got nerdy and set them up for a photo:

Most of these were retreived from the fridge (I have taken the entire bottom shelf hostage), and the boxed and Westy 12's were in the cabinet with my single malt collection. You could say this is a proper 'drinking inventory', as the only bottles I plan to store for any length of time are the two Fuller Vintage Ales (2008 and 2009) and a couple of the Westvleteren 12's.

The back row is exclusively local (Vancouver, BC) craft brewery special releases in 650mL bottles (with the exception of the 1L bottle of Howe Sound Wee Beastie, which is from nearby Squamish). We have a craft beer scene here in Vancouver that isn't matched by too many places in North America (I am a little jealous of Portland's scene).
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LostBoyScout View Post
    We have a craft beer scene here in Vancouver that isn't matched by too many places in North America (I am a little jealous of Portland's scene).
    What breweries are you currently liking in Vancouver/B.C.? Last time I was up there you guys were lagging a bit behind us 'mericans but I know things have been picking up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    What breweries are you currently liking in Vancouver/B.C.? Last time I was up there you guys were lagging a bit behind us 'mericans but I know things have been picking up.
    I'm afraid that Budweiser knocks you guys down a few hundred points though, so we'll take the win Just kidding... we have terrible macro-brews (like Molson Canadian) that are just as poor (but everybody seems to drink). But seriously - we have some amazing beer in BC. I don't know much about other province's beers, but I am willing to bet we've got the best beers in Canada (Quebec has a couple good ones though, I know)

Local breweries that I like:

Parallel 49 - Everything they do seems to hit the mark perfectly. Their 'Ugly Sweater' milk stout has been a mainstay all winter in my fridge and everyone who's tried it from me loves it (and that's at least a dozen beer folk). They do amazing limited 650mL bottles too - their Russian Imperial Stout is in the photo I posted, along with the Ugly Sweater.

Storm Brewing - James @ Storm is the freaking KING of bitter. He had created a 12 year aged Lambic that was out of this world and won plenty of awards. He's got a red ale that's also super bitter (and still available). His stout has knocked me on my arse (it says 8% but I have heard rumour it's been higher lately, and I believe it).

Phillips - Lots of great 650mL limited releases and a solid lineup of regular beers. I used to grab Granville Island beers (a very popular local craft beer) for daily use but now usually go Phillips.

R&B Brewing - Literally three blocks from my house. I usually get the East Side Bitter, a delicious ESB style beer.

Howe Sound Brewing - A number of amazing beers, very bitter and strong stouts to the four way fruit ale that's pretty out of this world on a hot summer day.

Driftwood Brewing - Great beers all around, but the Fat Tug IPA is one of the best IPA's I've had and is featured in a lot of the bars I frequent.

Beer Please!

Nice! Thanks for sharing!
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    This is what I have atm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by textbookonewk View Post
    I would love to get my hands on some older bottles of VE if anyone has a lead they'd care to pass my way.
    I know this a few weeks old, but this site has what you're asking for...at a price!

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Alshus View Post
    This is what I have atm.

Where did you get those Brew Dog collaborations? I see one with Lost Abbey and one with Ballast Point in those pics. I have never seen those before.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Bought them from The Wine Monopoly here in Oslo, Norway.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Where did you get those Brew Dog collaborations? I see one with Lost Abbey and one with Ballast Point in those pics. I have never seen those before.
    I don't know if we got the Brew Dog/Ballast Point collab stateside, I know it was only available at the Brew Dog store starting Sept 2012 (still is), but the Brew Dog/Lost Abbey was available earlier in 2012. Might still be around.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Self-defeatist
    Those Howe Sound bottles are a homebrewers best friend. Gotta love a one liter flip-top. Now to get another 20 or so.

Where's all the Central City?
    I'm covered in beer.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    I don't know if we got the Brew Dog/Ballast Point collab stateside, I know it was only available at the Brew Dog store starting Sept 2012 (still is), but the Brew Dog/Lost Abbey was available earlier in 2012. Might still be around.
    ohhhh, such a bummer, if it a collaboration you would expect it to be available in both brewer home cities at the very least....

Buy San Diego Scotch Ale | BrewDog Beer

OUT OF STOCK.....

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Whoops...I may have bought the last two!
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Beer Please!
    Whoops...I may have bought the last two!
    You can share it with me in March.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Beer Please!
    Current status of the fridge after my NYC trip:

And some new racks to store and display my glassware:

Paper Mill Aleworks
    And some new racks to store and display my glassware:
    I like that set-up, where is the rack from?

Beer Please!
    I like that set-up, where is the rack from?
    $9.99 each at Bed Bath and Beyond. Each rack has three rails that can hold 3 larger glasses each or 4 smaller ones. I bought three racks total since I had the space for them. The only glass I had that would not fit was a Westmalle Glass, the base on it was just too big.

I found similar ones on Amazon and other online stores, but I was feeling good and industrious on Sunday morning and just wanted to go out and buy some and get them installed while my wife was out of town.

mtbr member
    while my wife was out of town.
    So what you mean to say is install it while she can't say no, since its easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission

They have had a box of the Ballast Pt collab sitting on a shelf behind the tasting bar at Home Brew Mart for a while (not for sale....) They said it was never available here. I'm guessing it was brewed over there, but yeah, still disappointing we never got to try it here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The new setup:

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    So what you mean to say is install it while she can't say no, since its easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission

They have had a box of the Ballast Pt collab sitting on a shelf behind the tasting bar at Home Brew Mart for a while (not for sale....) They said it was never available here. I'm guessing it was brewed over there, but yeah, still disappointing we never got to try it here.
    I have seen that box at Home Brew Mart. In fact I need to swing by to get the new beer they are making with the recipe on the bottle. And I did not do it because she was out of town, I just find I get more work done around the house when she is gone because I can blast my music and get to work.

The new setup:

Looking good! Especially with that Westy 12 in there!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Looking good! Especially with that Westy 12 in there!
    Actually there are 5 Westy's hiding in there. Have you had the 8Wired iStout? Not exactly a quad (a RIS rather) but good lord is that a tasty beer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast