Rider, Builder, Dreamer

X-Post: Good beer places in Cleveland

Got a posse of 16 heading out to Ray's in Cleveland for the 15th-17th. We need a good brewpub to check out. Recommendations of some good bars and clubs wouldn't hurt either. Thanks in advance.

-Sam

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Great Lakes Brewing, and Fat Heads Brewing will keep you plenty busy.
    Great food and great beers.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    If you go to the Ohio City area at W25th you can hit Great Lakes and Market Garden Brewery. There is also the Bier Markt there which doesn't have their own, but a lot of Belgian style beers. That area has an outdoor winter feast with a lot of bands this Satuday night if you are into that. There are a few places out in the burbs like Fat Heads in North Olmsted or Brew Kettle in Strongsville.
    As far as bars it depends on what you like/age. Stay at w25, go to w6th for dance type scene i think/possible dbags, Lakewood for all kinds of neighborhood bars on Detroit or Madison roads, Kamms Corner. Pick up a Cleveland Scene free paper.
    Last edited by iron on; 02-18-2013 at 03:33 PM.

endorphin junkie
    If it's not too late today, check out Willoughby Brewing. Not the best food in the world, but the beers are really good. I like them better than Great Lakes. Try their Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter.

Willoughby Brewing Company
    "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
    T.S. Eliot

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    thanks for the suggestions. We tried going to Great Lakes, but between having a group of 13 and people not getting ready in a timely manner, we weren't going to be able to get in for food until way late. Ended up splitting up the group, and 5 of us did some bar hopping around Ohio City.

Drank some really tasty beers, and one IPA that I wasn't stoked on. Tasted like Flower Power from Ithaca Brewing Company (if any of you know what that is) but not as good.

Leffe Belgian Blonde Ale
    Nano Brewing Company's Kolsch
    Illuminator doppelbock,
    some kind of stout

Sadly I was well-lubricated by the time I got to the IPAs, but they were wonderful for the most part. Later on in the night I did have a delicious stout (again, shame on me for not remembering) and on Friday night I had a Great Lakes Elliot Ness amber lager. That was pretty tasty, and I'm not even a lager person.

Oh, and Ray's was an absolute blast as always. Everyone who went improved immensely over the weekend, built confidence, and left with blistered hands and bruises here and there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    A late +1 for Great Lakes Brewing. Hit it for food too the next time you're in town. Reservations help--I've never been there when it wasn't packed.