mtbr member

Who works from Home

and gets to enjoy happy hour while working? Just saying

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Why would one need to work at home to enjoy happy hour while they are on clock?

banned
    Apr 2009
    EXACTLY!!!

I had a boss (the Director) who we went out to lunch 3 times each week (and boss did the 3 martini lunch)--and we got hammered!! that company was Fortune 1500 also!

I also worked for a Mortgage Company and it was more well stocked than most local bars.. The whole fridge in the break room kept 4-5 cases of beer always stocked!! it had 5-6 boxes of wine at all times!! and the freezer had 25-30 bottles of liquor...

And at 5pm it was open bar!! we worked until 9pm and I had to drive home co-workers (or have their wives pick them up) with their cars left outside!! (Lightweights!!)---Especially for Monday Night Football!!!!

but those who ran the place drank all day!!

But almost every client who came in to do a loan (refi' or helo') we made sure they were well lubricated!!! they did also....

They knew it was open bar there also... They even had a Ping-Pong table there also in the break room...

If you have ever been to a lawyers office (or certain professions like that) most I have seen have a small bar in the owners (or partners) office...

p.s. back in College I worked for a pizza place that had a 'bowl' next door (owner owned that house also)---and kept 1/2 keg of beer in the walk-in (and we drove also!!)
    ---------------------------------------

But all that can't hold a candle to the sales jobs I have had where I was the ONLY one who could pass a drug test (and one was at the Largest Dealer in the State)---they would ask me to take pee's for folks there (did them in the office...)

--I had co workers who would do everything from weed to really hard drugs...

I (and a co worker) drove with our boss to Maryland years ago and our boss (not only on prescription drugs probably)----went outside the building with someone in that office to smoke crack...

My co-worker found the pipe in the center console of the owners car (when knew he was high!!)-----we were like OH ****, this fool is driving us back at the time..

my one buddy had to use my drivers license (he had a dui) when he worked there (he worked inside and drove also...)
    -------------------------------------------------------

And lastly since I am going off on this subject I read an article a year ago that said 60% of all housewives are on 2-3 prescription (get high) drugs at any one time.... It is INSANE how our society is so highly medicated... you just never know----------------

But saying all that, it is REALLY COOL to be on the clock and have a few drinks!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    EXACTLY!!!

I had a boss (the Director) who we went out to lunch 3 times each week (and boss did the 3 martini lunch)--and we got hammered!! that company was Fortune 1500 also!

I also worked for a Mortgage Company and it was more well stocked than most local bars.. The whole fridge in the break room kept 4-5 cases of beer always stocked!! it had 5-6 boxes of wine at all times!! and the freezer had 25-30 bottles of liquor...

And at 5pm it was open bar!! we worked until 9pm and I had to drive home co-workers (or have their wives pick them up) with their cars left outside!! (Lightweights!!)---Especially for Monday Night Football!!!!

but those who ran the place drank all day!!

But almost every client who came in to do a loan (refi' or helo') we made sure they were well lubricated!!! they did also....

They knew it was open bar there also... They even had a Ping-Pong table there also in the break room...

If you have ever been to a lawyers office (or certain professions like that) most I have seen have a small bar in the owners (or partners) office...

p.s. back in College I worked for a pizza place that had a 'bowl' next door (owner owned that house also)---and kept 1/2 keg of beer in the walk-in (and we drove also!!)
    ---------------------------------------

But all that can't hold a candle to the sales jobs I have had where I was the ONLY one who could pass a drug test (and one was at the Largest Dealer in the State)---they would ask me to take pee's for folks there (did them in the office...)

--I had co workers who would do everything from weed to really hard drugs...

I (and a co worker) drove with our boss to Maryland years ago and our boss (not only on prescription drugs probably)----went outside the building with someone in that office to smoke crack...

My co-worker found the pipe in the center console of the owners car (when knew he was high!!)-----we were like OH ****, this fool is driving us back at the time..

my one buddy had to use my drivers license (he had a dui) when he worked there (he worked inside and drove also...)
    -------------------------------------------------------

And lastly since I am going off on this subject I read an article a year ago that said 60% of all housewives are on 2-3 prescription (get high) drugs at any one time.... It is INSANE how our society is so highly medicated... you just never know----------------

But saying all that, it is REALLY COOL to be on the clock and have a few drinks!!
    Dang bro....where in the hell are you from????

I'm torn between move there immediately or never ever set foot within 300 miles.....

banned
    Apr 2009
    Philly (South East Pa.)---

but yeah I saw some stuff with folks (and know now those folks--with the Internet etc. ability and companies keeping people at home to work)---I know those folks I knew in the past are at home Staying High all day!!!!---but I guess they work better that way??

--I was surprised to see the 60% of housewives on so much medication... Guess post-baby syndrome (like Brooke Shields, etc...)---BUT DANG!!! Go out and get some fresh air!!!---hit some trails and get a HEALTHY sweat....

p.s. What is funny is that even the Moderators must think I am Top 10 Crazy fols on here (with crazy reply to posts)---but I have never, ever taken anything more than an Advil (no Prescription meds, psychedelic meds, Nothing, EVER!!)---

I have never even taken one St. Johns Wart!! just an Omega 3 supplement at times..

--THE ONE GREAT THING I have seen about Mountain Biking (and 'exercise and eating well' in general) is when I always read about folks who are depressed (or have Extreme Stress Issues) and Blood Pressure, etc... medications... Is seeing them get off everything by staying fit!!!

That is the key, Healthy body, healthy mind....

AND YES a beer or 2 a day are Great for you (the hops, etc for bowel movements)---and just keeping folks de-stresses a lot more naturally than taking prescription meds....

Ben Franklin said it best (about God an beer)---------------

p.s. I bet if you looked into folks at your job (or neighbors medicine cabinets) you would be amazed what they are on...

Paper Mill Aleworks
    <---- Works from home...enjoys beers...occasionally simultaneously.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    Yes, and install small USB refrigerator so you can cool your beer, something like that:

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Work from home crew represent.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    My main office is across the Parking lot from a high quality brewery, when I am there I take a break around 2pm and have a pint and then go back to work.

The culture in the US is awful, people in many other countries have a beer or two with lunch everyday and still manage to run successful businesses. I wish it was not as frowned upon as it is in this country....
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts