Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    orthonormal
    I ferment grapes instead of barley. Right now, I have a 60 gallon barrel of 2013 Syrah aging in my garage. Local fruit from a grower in Carmel Valley, CA. It takes about 1/2 ton to make one barrel. I'll bottle some time between Oct. 2014 and Mar. 2015, depending on taste and start consuming 12-18 months after that.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donny70 View Post
    Rye IPA with Amarillo and Simcoe
    Brewed a black IPA last night and a fat tire clone next weekend.

Trying to get my hands on some Denny's 50 yeast for a rye IPA.

Plays with tools
    I'm brewing my jalapeno beer right now. Only beer I brew that I don't like, but my friends sure do!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

What's your latest homebrew?

If anyone is looking for label ideas or just want to show off their creations, I've created a Facebook group for just that. Hope to see you there

www.facebook.com/groups/craftbrewlabels/
    My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle San Andreas VPS
    Mountain Cycle Rumble Ltd.
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS

I eat cats
    If anyone is looking for label ideas or just want to show off their creations, I've created a Facebook group for just that. Hope to see you there

I don't do Facebook so if you'd like to post up some labels on here please do so!

Don't look down here...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

This is a set of 3 I did

My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS

I eat cats
    ^ Very cool... Clean and simple but not too plain.

Don't look down here...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

If anyone is interested I'm still building this up.
    www.facebook.com/groups/craftbrewlabels

My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    nothing fermenting at the moment, though i kegged off an Russian Imperial Stout a few weeks back. Wife's request so i brewed my award winning RIS, then added coffee, nibs and vanilla. Its delicious but dangerous. 10.35% abv. Not a huge fan of when you go too crazy with the abv because then it can get meaty and really boozy...

_CJ
    mtbr member
    May 2014
    Thinking about doing a hard cider. Haven't ever made one, but locally made cider is less than $5/gal right now, so that's only ~$30 with yeast. Might not even boil it since it's already homogenized, just dump it in a carboy, add some yeast, and let it eat.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    On your first one go simple but then on your second one you can add specialty ingredients before pitching your yeast. Like boiling some cinnamin stix and sugar, or boil some raspberries and sugar to add a little color and fruity flavor. Kind of play with things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
    Thinking about doing a hard cider. Haven't ever made one, but locally made cider is less than $5/gal right now, so that's only ~$30 with yeast. Might not even boil it since it's already homogenized, just dump it in a carboy, add some yeast, and let it eat.

Beer Please!

Cool Idea. I joined the group.

Since I started brewing a few years ago I decided to make my own labels, especially because I Bottle my beer still. They make nice gifts. Here are the Labels and brews in the order I have made them. I also brewed a Lager this summer, but it was over-carbonated, and I did not want to make up labels for a bunch of 12oz bottles. I went with the smaller bottles because it was for my wife, an attempt at Sierra nevada Summerfest Clone that is not my best beer.

I am also going to rack and dry hop a Mosaic DIPA tomorrow but do not have a name or label idea for that one yet.

This was a double batch. I Dry Hopped half of it with Centenial and the other Half with a Cinnamon stick, so the labels just have one little difference in them.

One of my favorite beers so far:

On the bottle:
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    i've always been too lazy to bottle homebrew... when i bottled, i just initialed the crowns. Now i keg only and pass out growlers...

mtbr member
    I hate the bottling too, going to get set up for kegging some time in the not too distant future. Currently have a Rye-IIPA in the fermenter, with a massive load of Centennial and Chinook hops.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    I hate the bottling too, going to get set up for kegging some time in the not too distant future. Currently have a Rye-IIPA in the fermenter, with a massive load of Centennial and Chinook hops.
    Go to kegs and you will not go back, it is incredibly easy to still bottle off of your kegs, and you only have to clean and save the amount you want to pass out.

*Edit* per thread title: Cream Ale (carbing), Amber (conditioning, 1/2 the batch will get pumpkin spice 'dry hop' for my wife and friends), and barley wine (conditioning, 8 months out).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuryan View Post
    Go to kegs and you will not go back, it is incredibly easy to still bottle off of your kegs, and you only have to clean and save the amount you want to pass out.
    Trust me, I don't need any more convincing, just a little more money...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

My brew fridge. Everyone gets a label. 2 commercial brews on the floor

Currently drinking my wai-iti 60 minute IPA bittered with Magnum and then wai-iti @ 10g per litre every 10mins and then dry hopped twice over the course of a week.

My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Brewing an employee brew competition at work tomorrow. 479#s of grain milled and ready to go for tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Rye IPA this weekend... also thinking about doing a graff...anyone try one of those?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Ive heard of Graffs but never actually tried it. Could be an interesting cider brew.

mtbr member
    I've got a few things going.

-This weekend I'm brewing an experimental hop IPA; ~110 CIBUs and should have a Chocolate Caramel mixed with Peachy-Orange Guava flavor and aroma. Features Otto Supreme and Chocolate hops.

-On tap I've got a Peach Berliner Weisse and a Hazelnut Coffee Imperial Brown Ale.

-Aging I have some of that Hazelnut Coffee Imperial Brown Ale on virgin Sugar Maple.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Just bottled a Black IPA, Currently fermenting an Imperial Red, Aging a Trippel and drinking a Pliny Clone.

I just ordered a sour kit (mostly for my wife, I don't care much for it), but that will take at least a year.

Going to buy a 2 keg system tomorrow hopefully....
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    Just bottled a Black IPA, Currently fermenting an Imperial Red, Aging a Trippel and drinking a Pliny Clone.

I just ordered a sour kit (mostly for my wife, I don't care much for it), but that will take at least a year.

Going to buy a 2 keg system tomorrow hopefully....
    You'll love the kegging system it makes this SO much easier.

You should try to make a Berliner Weisse. It's a sour, that you can get VERY sour, very quickly (it sours in ~ a week and then you ferment it).

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickkyGangsta View Post
    You'll love the kegging system it makes this SO much easier.

You should try to make a Berliner Weisse. It's a sour, that you can get VERY sour, very quickly (it sours in ~ a week and then you ferment it).
    thanks for the tip..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    2 most important things to brewing beer is sanitation and controlled fermentation temps.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast