Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    mtbr member
    May 2016
    Got a Kolsch a week into lagering right now, should be ready just in time for the 4th of July. I tasted it after primary and it was delicious if a bit sweet, I'm thinking that lagering will dry it out a bit though.

Less yap more braaap
    Apr 2015
    At the moment I've got a witbier in primary, tossing it into my secondary this weekend.

My bill is;

3 lbs Wheat DME
    1.5 lbs Dextrose
    1 lb 2 row malt
    1 lb white wheat malt
    .75 lb flaked oats
    1 oz hallertau 60 min
    3 oz orange peel 10 min
    1 tsp coriander 10 min

using WLP400.

Pretty generic I know but I'm trying to get the basics down.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm much better at making time to brew beer than I am at making time to ride. So....

Witbier, 5 will be served at a fest through a randal over peaches.
    Huell Melon Saison - will serve at the same fest.
    Pale Ale - Cascade and Amarillo
    Dortmunder Lager - just tapped this and it is pretty killer

Will brew a Rye APA this weekend. Gotta keep the pipeline full.
    Schemy

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Got a lot sitting around aging..

but new on tap Grapefruit IPA and Saison..

Waiting.. Tripel IPA, Saison with Brett, Berliner Weisse, German Alt.
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Just brewed a clone of Rogues Shakespeare Stout, and cracked a keg of schwarzbier that has been conditioning for a month or so. Holy **** it's good! So simple, but perfect for this time of year.

mtbr member
    Just racked an APA and stuffed a bunch of Belma whole leafs into a weighted hop bag in the 10 gal cony keg. Going to let it sit for a few weeks. Belmas are very pineapple/mango/tropical fruit, so we'll see how it turns out. It was the major hop in the beer, along with Citra and Cascade. Next up is my first crack at a Grisette. Going to lacto sour about 20% of a saison batch and add it back in at kegging.

mtbr member
    An [almost] clone of Rogue's Shakespeare stout, just in time for winter. I had no Cascade so used Pacific Jade to bitter and Amarillo at FO. I'm thinking about splitting it as I've got too much for one keg, thinking about putting 10L of it onto cacao nibs, coffee, or plums. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    10L of stout + 1.3kg of Black Doris and about a cup of juice from one of the cans.
    What's your latest homebrew?-.jpg

The other 12L went into a keg as-is, and may be used to blend with the plum one depending on how tart/strong it is.
    What's your latest homebrew?-b.jpg

It's the first time I've ever used fruit in a beer, and I've gotta say I'm pretty excited about this one!

workin' it Administrator
    My wife and I have recently started brewing our own beer with the backdoor neighbor. So far we have brewed a 15gallons of a nice porter with 3gals of it going to a coffee backed porter.

Then an assortment of pale ales, with 5 gals with a steamer yeast, 5 gals of a pale and 5 with a lavender back. All beers have been with locally grown cascadia hops, Camano Island Coffee and my backyard lavender.

We recently picked up a kegerator for our garage and are using 2 1/6th kegs with our varieties in it.

Next weekend I think we will be back to the porter, maybe without the coffee back though, which while good, was really limited to time of day you could drink it without being up all night.

The nice thing about being in Seattle is easy access to fresh hops, dried hops, brewing grains and a crazy microbrew culture. Seattle just welcomed its 61st brewery. That is just seattle proper, not including all the surrounding areas. Lotsa beer and lotsa coffee, killer mountain biking, great place to be!
    Try this: HTFU

Less yap more braaap
    Apr 2015
    You know most people **** on American beer but that's just the macro brew's. I actually love Sam Adams, consistent quality and reasonably priced. Craft beer in America is legit stuff although I'm sick and tired of all the insanely high gravity, insanely hopped IPA's.

In fact at the moment I've got an American Pale Ale in my Primary and going into secondary on Sat.

3 lbs Pale Ale LME
    1 lbs Briess Munich DME
    2 lbs Dextrose
    0.5 lb 2 row pale malt
    0.5 white wheat malt
    0.25 oz Magnum 60 min
    0.25 oz Perle 30 min
    1 oz Cascade 10 min
    1 oz Cascade dry hop

Forgot to take an OG reading when I first put it in the primary but based on my gravity from the second day I suspect that it'll be just shy of 5% ABV and hit a pretty low gravity for easy drinking.

Next up on the list is a Chocolate Stout but I'm going to have to figure out what I want in it and how much (obviously going with dutch chocolate but I need to figure out if I want to add some lactose to sweeten it up like a milk stout or not and what exactly my bill is going to be).

mtbr member
    Got this in the fermenter right now, just added 180g of cacao nibs and it smells awesome! I also added 100g of Dutch cocoa in the mash too, tasted damn good so far.
    Milk Chocolate Stout ? Bertus Brewery

Last time I added espresso instead of cacao and it was equally awesome, it's a great recipe.

mtnbkr4life
    Nov 2008
    Will start my first homebrew on Wednesday 9/21/16
    Will be an AS Evil Dead Red clone
    10 gal MTun/Lauter and HLT, 18 gal Brew kettle 15 gal fermenter
    2 pumps, quick connect hoses, 3-5 gal kegs and a two tap kegerator with C02 bottle filler.
    Fermentation chamber is frost free fridge with Inkbird digital temp controller

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567