Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

What's on tap near you?

Went to one of my new favorite spots here in Maryland yesterday and had 2 of the 19 brews they have on tap. It's called Gilly's off Rockville Pike and it's a craft beer/fine wine shop with 19 beers on tap and lots of amazing sandwiches and tons of brews to buy. Amazing. Anyways, I had the Southern Tier Choklat Stout and the Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout. Both really, really delicious.
    Anyone have some sweet spots near you to grab a tasty cold one (or 10)? And what's your favorite brew your local hole offers? Hoping to dig up another gem near me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Brew-Ligion isn't close to where I just moved, but somewhat local brewpub. They had Pliny the Elder and Ballast Point Victory at Sea on tap, plus some Stone and other decent local LA/SD brews. Always cool to have a good place for beer

El Turko
    Aug 2011
    The Tap House in west philly is nice, great selection, but somewhat pricey. There is a mexican place around me that sells a couple fantastic beers on tap, notably Bells Two Hearted ale, but the place itself sucks. Its so boring and full of people at the same time, I cant stand it, but Bells keeps me coming back. Its the only place in the city with that constantly on tap and I cant get enough of it. I may be addicted...

No no...the OTHER LA.
    Jul 2005
    Florida is actually booming in regards to the craft brew industry. Not just with the local stuff, but distribution from as far away as California.

Case in point is Coasters Pub, Melbourne FL. "Only" 35 taps, but they are usually stacked with cool and unusual stuff. Thursday they are putting 25 Dogfish head brews on tap, including 120 minute and other hard to find stuff. Plenty of Bells, Stone, Cigar City, etc rotates through also. The owner is such an enthusiast that he even spent $250 for a 5 gallon keg of Piccolo Birrificio Chirostro, a super rare Italian blonde ale brewed with absinthe/wormwood leaves. That's devotion right there.

And there are at least 2-4 other pubs in the vicinity just as passionate. It's a good time to be a beer lover!

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Quote Originally Posted by JSaF4 View Post
    The Tap House in west philly is nice, great selection, but somewhat pricey. There is a mexican place around me that sells a couple fantastic beers on tap, notably Bells Two Hearted ale, but the place itself sucks. Its so boring and full of people at the same time, I cant stand it, but Bells keeps me coming back. Its the only place in the city with that constantly on tap and I cant get enough of it. I may be addicted...
    That's how I feel about a local spot by me. They have purple haze, arrogant bastard and some other goodies on tap, but the bar itself sucks. It's rarely packed, which is nice, but it's so dead I find it boring. The dogfish head 2 miles from my house is awesome, but it's always SO freakin packed... Definitely worth it though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm within walking distance to 2 pubs with tons of taps of local craft beers (NO macro-brews at either location). I am very fortunate. There is another opening in summer right by my apartment with 140!!! taps of craft beers.

St. Augustine’s | Craft Brew House and Kitchen, Vancouver, BC

Welcome to Tap & Barrel - Tap

CRAFT Beer Market to open at Olympic Villiage's Salt Building next summer | Georgia Straight

Love my neighbourhood!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker