mtbr member

What's the proper way to pour Guinness Draught from a bottle?

I really want to know!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Drain it out here.

Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Pour it in the sink and go get a bottle of beamish stout

Always in the wrong gear
    I do the can personally, but either way i do a hard pour. Just flip the can/bottle over a proper sized glass.

ZEN RIDER!
    go to a pub where they know how to pour a proper pint.
    Life in every breath

Straight down your throat, as fast as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    You guys are bad. My thought was in the white sink when I read the question, but thought I was being evil. Then I read the responses and had to laugh. For the life of me I cannot see why anyone would pay craft beer prices for that stuff. There are so many better choices for the same dollar in the store.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Haha, this is a great thread. I dont pour nitrogen beers (like guiness) into a glass usually. Unless your making a car-bomb which makes me sick thinking about it! Disclaimer: fresh guiness properly poured is amazing, a must if you visit Dublin. Its **** it out a can or bottle IMO.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom H View Post
    You guys are bad. My thought was in the white sink when I read the question, but thought I was being evil. Then I read the responses and had to laugh. For the life of me I cannot see why anyone would pay craft beer prices for that stuff. There are so many better choices for the same dollar in the store.
    Agreed

mtbr member
    Everyone has different tastes.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Slow pour with the glass at about a 45 degree angle. The beer should not create any head, when in Europe I asked to get a full glass no head....they must have thought I was rude..
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker View Post
    "yeah, she's fat, but you'd take her for a ride."

mtbr member
    You have to have head, damn it!
    How to Pour the Perfect Guinness - Esquire
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-FXR View Post
    Slow pour with the glass at about a 45 degree angle. The beer should not create any head, when in Europe I asked to get a full glass no head....they must have thought I was rude..
    No they knew you knew nothing about poring a guiness let alone beer. You are somewhat correct in the angle however beer should never be served without head. Different beers have different methods of pooring and how much head. With guiness a proper pour will take around 3 minutes to pour with about a thumbs worth of head using a modern day tap. Some places like one of the bars in kc have original guiness taps where unlike a traditional tap where you pull the tap arm down and it flows at a consistent rate this tap is a little nozzle that sticks out and you set the pint glass under and you turn a knob as you pour allowing you to control the gas:beer ratio making it literally taste exactly like fresh Guinness from Ireland . Also guiness and most beers in general should never be served cold or warm but at room temperature which most mistake as warm. Room temp is 56-64 degrees Fahrenheit. Room temp is based on cave temperature as remember beer is over 5,000 years old and refrigeration is rather recent. Also you should always serve beer in proper stemware.

Those are the proper etiquette of serving beer.my personal opinion and choices sometimes differ. Sometimes I want a cold bells hopslam in a god damn pint glass no fufu glasses or pours I want a pint of beer
    Last edited by vapezilla; 12-20-2012 at 04:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Good post, but what does that have to do with pouring out of a bottle?

mtbr member
    Good post, but what does that have to do with pouring out of a bottle?
    Oh the guy I quoted. Hehe. As far as a can I don't know what proper method is for guiness I don't drink stouts unless Its from a draft and the few times I did was from a non refrigerated can I cracked open and drank out the can. Didn't taste the best but that wasn't the point in that situation. I figure its about the same open let sit for a second pour a little sit wait pour more sit wait etc etc until it has a thumbs worth of head.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vapezilla View Post
    No they knew you knew nothing about poring a guiness let alone beer. You are somewhat correct in the angle however beer should never be served without head. Different beers have different methods of pooring and how much head. With guiness a proper pour will take around 3 minutes to pour with about a thumbs worth of head using a modern day tap. Some places like one of the bars in kc have original guiness taps where unlike a traditional tap where you pull the tap arm down and it flows at a consistent rate this tap is a little nozzle that sticks out and you set the pint glass under and you turn a knob as you pour allowing you to control the gas:beer ratio making it literally taste exactly like fresh Guinness from Ireland . Also guiness and most beers in general should never be served cold or warm but at room temperature which most mistake as warm. Room temp is 56-64 degrees Fahrenheit. Room temp is based on cave temperature as remember beer is over 5,000 years old and refrigeration is rather recent. Also you should always serve beer in proper stemware.

Those are the proper etiquette of serving beer.my personal opinion and choices sometimes differ. Sometimes I want a cold bells hopslam in a god damn pint glass no fufu glasses or pours I want a pint of beer
    We can agree to disagree about beer head. I don't want it, but I know it's customary for some types of beers and occasions jut not me. All my beer poured is at an angle no head full to the rim.

No we do agree at a minimum a pint glass (preferably an imperial pint) or larger and the fact beers should be room temp..amen! The vibrant tastes come alive at room temp.

mtbr member
    If in doubt, take head! And lots of it.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    Straight down your throat, as fast as possible.
    This

It already comes in a glass.
    It even says on the bottle that it is designed to drink from the bottle.

Rogue Exterminator
    And this

Only drink Guiness when good craft beers are not available.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by X-FXR View Post
    Totally wrong.

Beer should always have a head when poured.
    The idea of not getting head is just idiotic.
    Real men like getting head....even on their beer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Totally wrong.

Beer should always have a head when poured.
    The idea of not getting head is just idiotic.
    Real men like getting head....even on their beer.
    I pay for a glass of beer...now fill it up. Head on the side.

mtbr member
    No head makes beer seem flat you need the head to open up the flavors