Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,500 of 7988
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    That's one of those, "it's none of your business" questions. It should neither be asked nor answered and it's not relevant in any way to the topic. Charles Darwin once said, "dove hunting is worth whatever it costs". I feel the same way about finely crafted beer. If you like beer, I suggest, drink what you can afford and don't worry about what others do or drink.
    wooooow, chill out dude. No harm in my question, cheers man.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmattjohnson View Post
    I tend not to spend too much. Quality over quantity nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle San Andreas VPS
    Mountain Cycle Rumble Ltd.
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donny70 View Post
    I tend not to spend too much. Quality over quantity nowadays

i completely agree with buying quality. I refuse to buy anything that isn't produced by a craft brewery. I almost have a hard time buying craft beer that isn't produced locally.

mtbr member
    So, check this out. I recently got the Untappd app on my iPhone. I used it to look for a certain beer. And, it told me that I could find this beer at a bar called The Golden Nugget, where I live in Simi Valley, CA. I'm like, no way, that bar is so seedy that I have never gone into the place. And, I used to frequent The Tree House. I usually wouldn't admit that, but I'm trying to make a point here. I called up to make sure, and sure enough, this little stinky hole in the wall has some good beer on tap. I went tonight, parked in the back and walked around to the front. Before I walked in, I could smell the oddness of this place. I was a little affraid to walk in. But, I had my bud with me so we went in. It turns out they were featuring Founders brewery. A rep was there, gave us a couple really nice glasses and some stickers and gave us the marketing BS. Super nice guy and we ended up talking about beer for awhile. My friend knows nothing about beer, so it was all new to him. We had thier Kentuky Breakfast Stout on nitro (KBS) and their Kentuky Bourbon Barrel Stout. OMFG, this is some great beer! Im not sure which one I like better. But, if the Bourbon Stout was pushed with nitro, I think I'd be me all time favorite. I ended up going back with my GF's son for some more. I'll probably swing by tomorrow night. Shit, I'm gonna be a regular of this towns oldest and dirtiest bars. This place has been there since 1964 and I don't think the place has been remodeled since then. I never would have dreamed that a place like this would have great beer. Then you have relatively nice places, like Friday's that only sell shit beer. I don't get it. They are losing out in some serious money by not offering good beer. But, whatever, I'll follow the good beer!

mtbr member
    Believe me bra, im very chill!!

mtbr member
    So, check this out. I recently got the Untappd app on my iPhone. I used it to look for a certain beer. And, it told me that I could find this beer at a bar called The Golden Nugget, where I live in Simi Valley, CA. I'm like, no way, that bar is so seedy that I have never gone into the place. And, I used to frequent The Tree House. I usually wouldn't admit that, but I'm trying to make a point here. I called up to make sure, and sure enough, this little stinky hole in the wall has some good beer on tap. I went tonight, parked in the back and walked around to the front. Before I walked in, I could smell the oddness of this place. I was a little affraid to walk in. But, I had my bud with me so we went in. It turns out they were featuring Founders brewery. A rep was there, gave us a couple really nice glasses and some stickers and gave us the marketing BS. Super nice guy and we ended up talking about beer for awhile. My friend knows nothing about beer, so it was all new to him. We had thier Kentuky Breakfast Stout on nitro (KBS) and their Kentuky Bourbon Barrel Stout. OMFG, this is some great beer! Im not sure which one I like better. But, if the Bourbon Stout was pushed with nitro, I think I'd be me all time favorite. I ended up going back with my GF's son for some more. I'll probably swing by tomorrow night. Shit, I'm gonna be a regular of this towns oldest and dirtiest bars. This place has been there since 1964 and I don't think the place has been remodeled since then. I never would have dreamed that a place like this would have great beer. Then you have relatively nice places, like Friday's that only sell shit beer. I don't get it. They are losing out in some serious money by not offering good beer. But, whatever, I'll follow the good beer!

Those are the best places to find. Love Untappd, although the wife hates it

I Cycle so I don't choke people!

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    "I cycle so I don't choke People"
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB
    http://www.teamrwb.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRWB View Post
    Those are the best places to find. Love Untappd, although the wife hates it

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Yeah, my GF won't go there with me. But, I'm allowed to go there, if I go with someone else. Go figure!

mtbr member
    We had thier Kentuky Breakfast Stout on nitro (KBS) and their Kentuky Bourbon Barrel Stout.
    not to nitpick, but for the sake of avoiding potential confussion, generally, the on-line community refers to the Breakfast Stout as "FBS" (Founders Breakfast Stout). the latter, bourbon barrel aged stout is titled "KBS".

i think these have probably come & gone completely in the system but per my same ole' spiel, keep an eye out:

˘

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclotic View Post
    not to nitpick, but for the sake of avoiding potential confussion, generally, the on-line community refers to the Breakfast Stout as "FBS" (Founders Breakfast Stout). the latter, bourbon barrel aged stout is titled "KBS".

i think these have probably come & gone completely in the system but per my same ole' spiel, keep an eye out:

That picture blows my mind. When KBS comes in here you're limited to one or two bottles depending on the store.
    MCS, glad you liked it, KBS is a real treat. I bought 10 bottles when it was released (took a week due to above store practices) and cellared 4. I was told it gets better with age, we'll see in ~7 months!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Branner View Post
    That picture blows my mind. When KBS comes in here you're limited to one or two bottles depending on the store.
    still stray 4pks lingering on grocery store shelves here.

meanwhile. i'm sipping this tangy tongue twister.

˘

mtbr member
    MCS, glad you liked it, KBS is a real treat. I bought 10 bottles when it was released (took a week due to above store practices) and cellared 4. I was told it gets better with age, we'll see in ~7 months!!
    I had one of my 2014 KBS' the other night. Well worth the wait.

mtbr member

Yeah, I was confused. I still may be confused, because I swear I saw a bottle that said KBS, but it didn't say Breakfast or Bourbon barrel aged on it.

mtbr member
    Our Costco only has a bunch of bottles of Enegren Valkyrie, as far as craft beer goes. I'm not sure why that's all they have.

mtbr member
    The rep said that it ages very well.

mtbr member
    The rep said that it ages very well.
    honestly, i'd be careful assuming this. for me it varies by batch & / or vintage. that's not just for KBS.

MHE, some coffees don't seem to do well over time (in beer).

˘

mtbr member
    honestly, i'd be careful assuming this. for me it varies by batch & / or vintage. that's not just for KBS.

MHE, some coffees don't seem to do well over time (in beer).
    He said the coffee mellows over time. For me, I don't like coffee forward beers and neither of these beers tasted coffee forward to me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Tilted Barn now getting the cannery up to speed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    He said the coffee mellows over time. For me, I don't like coffee forward beers and neither of these beers tasted coffee forward to me.
    that's the standard line for all adjuncts & added flavors. over time they almost all dissipate. while that's generally true, again my own experience, some coffees turn bitterer or to other *off* flavors when sat on too long.

you kinda' already committed to the shit was awesome the other night. you didn't find them coffee forward so why would you listen to a coffee mellow argument? don't be surprised if you "age" them extensively & what coffee flavor remains, isn't as pleasant as you recalled. it's all a gamble.

what the rep told you really amounts to a *generic* assessment based on previous releases & shared beliefs. he or she can offer a guesstimate but can't know for sure because, well, the beer is newer, so there is no proof this vintage is going to age prestigiously. let me throw you a very real & always possible curve ball. if it later turns out there are any contaminants present (infected) & the beer turns sour then what?

˘

mtbr member
    EKU 28 & it's a good one, so far.

˘

mtbr member
    May 2015

AleSmith Speedway Stout

mtbr member
    More Belgians

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    More Belgians

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    it's hot as hell today. that look(ed) so good. then i honed in more on the label. what's up with the naked dwarf taking a piss?

˘

Co Springs
    One of these with strip steaks and broccoli / cheese sauce.
    Yums .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are you drinking right now?-155402_max.jpg  

In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    Surly Furious paired with Spaghetti, then more Furious for dessert. It's been a while since I've had it, I typically tend to the Bender.

I have some bourbon stouts along with some mead, I know... not beer, that I'm trying not to look at just yet. A Goose Island, a Yeti, Prairie Artisian... so yummy.... must be strong... think like the ant, not the grasshopper...
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    This was cheap at Sprouts. It's pretty good for the price.

mtbr member
    Chocolate..check, porter... check, bomber... check.

Missed opportunity to more thoroughly describe the caliber of the beer?

Nice background backsplash btw.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    Chocolate..check, porter... check, bomber... check.

Missed opportunity to more thoroughly describe the caliber of the beer?

Nice background backsplash btw.
    Thanks! I'm just not very good at reviewing beer. Here's some reviews. To me, it's a little better than these reviews. I'd give it a B grade.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/pr...t=high&start=0

mtbr member

mtbr member
    no beer for me tonight, sad to say my grandma passed this morning and her favorite drink was a margarita... so for me tonight, margaritas... cheers

mtbr member
    it's hot as hell today. that look(ed) so good. then i honed in more on the label. what's up with the naked dwarf taking a piss?
    http://www.brussels.info/peeing-boy/

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    Peeing Boy Statue Brussels - Manneken Pis

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    lol. i was just giving you a hard time. when i was younger, i've ran through Brussels a couple of times, mainly on my way to A-Dam via rail outta Paris. i wasn't a major craft beer enthusiast then though. probably a good thing (for my wallet).

Cheers!

˘

mtbr member
    It's all good. Yeah this is my third stay in Europe and just recently within the last 5yrs or so got into craft beer. So it is good for me as well that I wasn't all the other times.

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

Co Springs
    no beer for me tonight, sad to say my grandma passed this morning and her favorite drink was a margarita... so for me tonight, margaritas... cheers
    Cheers from my patio with a Heineken brew. 55 f and sunny, warmest it's been all day and it 530 pm.

Condolences for your loss, Margarita trails to you.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    sorry for your loss. may your Grandma Rest in Peace. i don't have a margarita ensemble on hand to salute with but raising this KBS in place.

˘

mtbr member
    Leinie Friday

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    Cleaning out BBQ leftovers

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    The tears of my students.

Currently grading some terrible essays from my 8th graders.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

mtbr member
    having "Darkstar" brewed by Fremont.

˘

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Rainy day today

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    One more

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

Trail Gnome Moderator
    I just picked up a keg of Moylan's Dry Irish Stout
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are you drinking right now?-img_1400.jpg  

What are you drinking right now?-img_1402.jpg  

Trail Gnome Moderator
    having "Darkstar" brewed by Fremont.

I was trying to locate Fremont Brewing...I was looking in the wrong place, it's in Seattle not Fremont, CA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    I was trying to locate Fremont Brewing...I was looking in the wrong place, it's in Seattle not Fremont, CA
    umm. K&L has it locally (SF location). you can pick some up there. ;-)

mtbr member
    May 2015

mtbr member
    Pretty good

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

Trail Gnome Moderator
    umm. K&L has it locally (SF location). you can pick some up there. ;-)
    I was hoping to visit the brewery if they were in Fremont. How's the Darkstar taste?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    I was hoping to visit the brewery if they were in Fremont. How's the Darkstar taste?
    decent for the price. it's not quite as heavy as my personal definition of "imperial stout" sort of in the same realm as Deschute's Obsidian stout & the likes.

i hear you. i thought about the fact that maybe you were asking because you considered visiting after i replied.

˘

mtbr member
    Pretty good

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    So I guess the name of this beer is fitting since they sold out to Heineken

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    🍺

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member

J/K

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    May 2012

Elysian Space Dust IPA... meh.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    What are you drinking right now?-img_4770a.jpg

mtbr member

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    Worked in the garage last night and enjoyed these.

'14 Demo 8 II
    '13 Stumpjumper FSR Elite
    '13 Stumpjumper HT Comp
    '13 Roubaix Elite Apex

mtbr member
    enjoyed last night.

˘

mtbr member
    now sipping another bottle from Faction which is sorta local (Alameda CA). i believe they're better known for their IPAs & Pales but this a pretty nice Imperial Stout.

˘

bipolar-roller
    Big day. Santa Maria BBQ and with some local brew. My in laws know how to do it.

What are you drinking right now?-img_1362.jpg

What are you drinking right now?-img_1363.jpg
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

"I only had like two winekills captain buzzcooler"

bipolar-roller
    Apparently, I have been buttering bread the wrong way all these years.

What are you drinking right now?-img_1366.jpg

What are you drinking right now?-img_1368.jpg
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

"I only had like two winekills captain buzzcooler"

mtbr member

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    enjoyed last night.

Looks tasty

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    What are you drinking right now?-img_4777a.jpg

Cycologist
    My sister came through last weekend and brought me a sampler of Asheville microbrews.

Name:  beer.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  36.7 KB
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

mtbr member
    Man this is tasty

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

Dirt Bound
    Youngs Double Chocolate Stout mixed with Lindemans Framboise. Almost as good as Berkshire Brewing Company's Imperial Stout mixed with the Raspberry Barleywine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Alpine Windows Up..... tasty.

mtbr member
    __

Bruery's Share This "Mole". outstanding!

˘

mtbr member
    __

Bruery's Share This "Mole". outstanding!

One day I'll get to try some of their stuff

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Enjoyed these over the weekend.

mtbr member
    Enjoying the nice weather finally

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    Very smooth at 12%

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Damn, now I'm thirsty.

mtbr member
    Very smooth at 12%

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    wasn't familiar with that title. really like Hoppin' Frog though. wish they had distro out here.

˘

mtbr member
    Good stuff I snagged while out in Richmond VA

What are you drinking right now?-resized_20170515_172407.jpgWhat are you drinking right now?-resized_20170517_172926.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2017

mtbr member
    going with something a little simpler tonight.

˘

mtbr member
    wasn't familiar with that title. really like Hoppin' Frog though. wish they had distro out here.
    Yeah I wasn't either. Snagged it from our Craft Shop in town. Chocolate Martini Imperial Stout. It was rather tasty.

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    going with something a little simpler tonight.

ja wohl, das is gut!

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    After two humid 90 degree days, this just hit the spot.

R.I.P. -Chris Cornell,thanks for all the great music you left us.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What are you drinking right now?-20170519_224203.jpg  

"In dog beers......... I only had one"

mtbr member
    Kern River Brewing Long Swim Double IPA

'14 Demo 8 II
    '13 Stumpjumper FSR Elite
    '13 Stumpjumper HT Comp
    '13 Roubaix Elite Apex

mtbr member

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Yazoo's Sly Rye Porter (Nashville, TN)

mtbr member
    Had a tasty IPA from Indian Valley Brewery (Novato, CA)

mtbr member
    nice day here but somehow i prefer it cooler than hot(ter). currently slogging through a "Blind Pig" from Russian River brewery.

˘

mtbr member

˘

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    What are you drinking right now?-img_4809a.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Last nite's beer flite at Puckett's Grocery in downtown Nashville: 1) Hap & Harry's Lynchburg Lager
    2) Tennessee Brew Works Southern Wit
    3) Honky Tonk Honey Biscuit Blonde
    4) Jackalope Bearwalker

mtbr member
    Nothing like a cold one after yard work

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member
    drinking Stone Neopolitan Dynamite tonight. Good Stuff!

mtbr member

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

Trail Gnome Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post
    Had a tasty IPA from Indian Valley Brewery (Novato, CA)

Indian Valley Brewery...that's my buddy Joe Tachis

mtbr member
    Thoughts and prayers to those involved in the Manchester incident.

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB

mtbr member

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Big Wheel Racing Europe