Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149
Results 7,401 to 7,419 of 7419
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    That's one of those, "it's none of your business" questions. It should neither be asked nor answered and it's not relevant in any way to the topic. Charles Darwin once said, "dove hunting is worth whatever it costs". I feel the same way about finely crafted beer. If you like beer, I suggest, drink what you can afford and don't worry about what others do or drink.
    wooooow, chill out dude. No harm in my question, cheers man.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmattjohnson View Post
    I tend not to spend too much. Quality over quantity nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle San Andreas VPS
    Mountain Cycle Rumble Ltd.
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donny70 View Post
    I tend not to spend too much. Quality over quantity nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i completely agree with buying quality. I refuse to buy anything that isn't produced by a craft brewery. I almost have a hard time buying craft beer that isn't produced locally.

mtbr member
    So, check this out. I recently got the Untappd app on my iPhone. I used it to look for a certain beer. And, it told me that I could find this beer at a bar called The Golden Nugget, where I live in Simi Valley, CA. I'm like, no way, that bar is so seedy that I have never gone into the place. And, I used to frequent The Tree House. I usually wouldn't admit that, but I'm trying to make a point here. I called up to make sure, and sure enough, this little stinky hole in the wall has some good beer on tap. I went tonight, parked in the back and walked around to the front. Before I walked in, I could smell the oddness of this place. I was a little affraid to walk in. But, I had my bud with me so we went in. It turns out they were featuring Founders brewery. A rep was there, gave us a couple really nice glasses and some stickers and gave us the marketing BS. Super nice guy and we ended up talking about beer for awhile. My friend knows nothing about beer, so it was all new to him. We had thier Kentuky Breakfast Stout on nitro (KBS) and their Kentuky Bourbon Barrel Stout. OMFG, this is some great beer! Im not sure which one I like better. But, if the Bourbon Stout was pushed with nitro, I think I'd be me all time favorite. I ended up going back with my GF's son for some more. I'll probably swing by tomorrow night. Shit, I'm gonna be a regular of this towns oldest and dirtiest bars. This place has been there since 1964 and I don't think the place has been remodeled since then. I never would have dreamed that a place like this would have great beer. Then you have relatively nice places, like Friday's that only sell shit beer. I don't get it. They are losing out in some serious money by not offering good beer. But, whatever, I'll follow the good beer!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmattjohnson View Post
    Believe me bra, im very chill!!

mtbr member
    So, check this out. I recently got the Untappd app on my iPhone. I used it to look for a certain beer. And, it told me that I could find this beer at a bar called The Golden Nugget, where I live in Simi Valley, CA. I'm like, no way, that bar is so seedy that I have never gone into the place. And, I used to frequent The Tree House. I usually wouldn't admit that, but I'm trying to make a point here. I called up to make sure, and sure enough, this little stinky hole in the wall has some good beer on tap. I went tonight, parked in the back and walked around to the front. Before I walked in, I could smell the oddness of this place. I was a little affraid to walk in. But, I had my bud with me so we went in. It turns out they were featuring Founders brewery. A rep was there, gave us a couple really nice glasses and some stickers and gave us the marketing BS. Super nice guy and we ended up talking about beer for awhile. My friend knows nothing about beer, so it was all new to him. We had thier Kentuky Breakfast Stout on nitro (KBS) and their Kentuky Bourbon Barrel Stout. OMFG, this is some great beer! Im not sure which one I like better. But, if the Bourbon Stout was pushed with nitro, I think I'd be me all time favorite. I ended up going back with my GF's son for some more. I'll probably swing by tomorrow night. Shit, I'm gonna be a regular of this towns oldest and dirtiest bars. This place has been there since 1964 and I don't think the place has been remodeled since then. I never would have dreamed that a place like this would have great beer. Then you have relatively nice places, like Friday's that only sell shit beer. I don't get it. They are losing out in some serious money by not offering good beer. But, whatever, I'll follow the good beer!

Those are the best places to find. Love Untappd, although the wife hates it

I Cycle so I don't choke people!

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    "I cycle so I don't choke People"
    Big Wheel Racing Europe
    It's Our Turn!
    Team RWB
    http://www.teamrwb.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRWB View Post
    Those are the best places to find. Love Untappd, although the wife hates it

I Cycle so I don't choke people!

Sent from the Beer Cloud
    Yeah, my GF won't go there with me. But, I'm allowed to go there, if I go with someone else. Go figure!

mtbr member
    We had thier Kentuky Breakfast Stout on nitro (KBS) and their Kentuky Bourbon Barrel Stout.
    not to nitpick, but for the sake of avoiding potential confussion, generally, the on-line community refers to the Breakfast Stout as "FBS" (Founders Breakfast Stout). the latter, bourbon barrel aged stout is titled "KBS".

i think these have probably come & gone completely in the system but per my same ole' spiel, keep an eye out:

¢

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclotic View Post
    not to nitpick, but for the sake of avoiding potential confussion, generally, the on-line community refers to the Breakfast Stout as "FBS" (Founders Breakfast Stout). the latter, bourbon barrel aged stout is titled "KBS".

i think these have probably come & gone completely in the system but per my same ole' spiel, keep an eye out:

That picture blows my mind. When KBS comes in here you're limited to one or two bottles depending on the store.
    MCS, glad you liked it, KBS is a real treat. I bought 10 bottles when it was released (took a week due to above store practices) and cellared 4. I was told it gets better with age, we'll see in ~7 months!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Branner View Post
    That picture blows my mind. When KBS comes in here you're limited to one or two bottles depending on the store.
    still stray 4pks lingering on grocery store shelves here.

meanwhile. i'm sipping this tangy tongue twister.

¢

mtbr member
    MCS, glad you liked it, KBS is a real treat. I bought 10 bottles when it was released (took a week due to above store practices) and cellared 4. I was told it gets better with age, we'll see in ~7 months!!
    I had one of my 2014 KBS' the other night. Well worth the wait.

mtbr member

Yeah, I was confused. I still may be confused, because I swear I saw a bottle that said KBS, but it didn't say Breakfast or Bourbon barrel aged on it.

mtbr member
    Our Costco only has a bunch of bottles of Enegren Valkyrie, as far as craft beer goes. I'm not sure why that's all they have.

mtbr member
    The rep said that it ages very well.

mtbr member
    The rep said that it ages very well.
    honestly, i'd be careful assuming this. for me it varies by batch & / or vintage. that's not just for KBS.

MHE, some coffees don't seem to do well over time (in beer).

¢

mtbr member
    honestly, i'd be careful assuming this. for me it varies by batch & / or vintage. that's not just for KBS.

MHE, some coffees don't seem to do well over time (in beer).
    He said the coffee mellows over time. For me, I don't like coffee forward beers and neither of these beers tasted coffee forward to me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Tilted Barn now getting the cannery up to speed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    He said the coffee mellows over time. For me, I don't like coffee forward beers and neither of these beers tasted coffee forward to me.
    that's the standard line for all adjuncts & added flavors. over time they almost all dissipate. while that's generally true, again my own experience, some coffees turn bitterer or to other *off* flavors when sat on too long.

you kinda' already committed to the shit was awesome the other night. you didn't find them coffee forward so why would you listen to a coffee mellow argument? don't be surprised if you "age" them extensively & what coffee flavor remains, isn't as pleasant as you recalled. it's all a gamble.

what the rep told you really amounts to a *generic* assessment based on previous releases & shared beliefs. he or she can offer a guesstimate but can't know for sure because, well, the beer is newer, so there is no proof this vintage is going to age prestigiously. let me throw you a very real & always possible curve ball. if it later turns out there are any contaminants present (infected) & the beer turns sour then what?

¢

mtbr member
    EKU 28 & it's a good one, so far.

¢