• 12-03-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Dang, you guys are a bunch of Ballers!
  • 12-03-2016
    B888S

• 12-03-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Are those bottle caps stuck to a magnet?
  • 12-03-2016
    B888S
    Yes they are. I made that opener a few weeks ago. The magnet is flush mounted in the back and very strong. The wood is cherry and I picked up the opener part at Home Depot. Here is a pic of the opener before I mounted to the wall in my garage.

Here is one that I made for my brother in law.

• 12-03-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    That's a great idea!
  • 12-04-2016
    TeamRWB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by B888S View Post
    Yes they are. I made that opener a few weeks ago. The magnet is flush mounted in the back and very strong. The wood is cherry and I picked up the opener part at Home Depot. Here is a pic of the opener before I mounted to the wall in my garage.

Here is one that I made for my brother in law.

Man those are sweet! Great Christmas gift idea!

Sent from the Beer Cloud
  • 12-05-2016
    Branner
    Enjoyed these over the weekend.

• 12-05-2016
    MTBNate
    Here in southern Germany & Austria it is Sankt Nikolaus Day. The day good kinder (children) get tasty sweets and small presents in their shoes from the good Saint and when the wicked kids get beaten (and possibly dragged off to Hell) by his companion, the Krampus.

It's fitting that tonight's Advent Bier is from Austria and it's called, "Sweet Krampus" a Belgian Strong Ale brewed in Austria.

It's excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-05-2016
    mtnbkr80015
  • 12-06-2016
    TeamRWB
    Got a set of those glasses

Sent from the Beer Cloud
  • 12-06-2016
    Smithhammer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MTBNate View Post
    Here in southern Germany & Austria it is Sankt Nikolaus Day. The day good kinder (children) get tasty sweets and small presents in their shoes from the good Saint and when the wicked kids get beaten (and possibly dragged off to Hell) by his companion, the Krampus.

It's fitting that tonight's Advent Bier is from Austria and it's called, "Sweet Krampus" a Belgian Strong Ale brewed in Austria.

It's excellent.

Awesome. More Krampus!!
  • 12-06-2016
    MTBNate
    Day 6 of 24 from my bier advent calendar

• 12-06-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Another Costco find!
  • 12-07-2016
    TeamRWB

Sent from the Beer Cloud
  • 12-08-2016
    DiRt DeViL
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 12-08-2016
    Cyclotic
    1 Attachment(s)
    something a little different in the glass tonight.

Attachment 1109324
  • 12-08-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Tonight I'm drinking something my girlfriends son brewed up. It's a copy of The Bruery's Tart of Darkness. It's a barrel aged sour and it turn out really good.

I picked up another Costco find today. I'm telling you, Costco has some better stuff than BevMo these days. And the prices can't be beat. Im going to open it up tomorrow night.

• 12-08-2016
    Cyclotic
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I picked up another Costco find today. I'm telling you, Costco has some better stuff than BevMo these days. And the prices can't be beat. Im going to open it up tomorrow night.

there's 4 different Trip in the Woods variants at our local Costco. i bought a few of those Narwahl with currants. be forewarned, it's on the tart side & slightly dry. it seems like it would be good with a steak or something that you'd enjoy a red wine with. JMHO, of course.

as for Costco a few of the local locations have really been bringing it lately. i'd put up some pictures of stuff i've been seeing in them but don't want to come off boastful.
  • 12-08-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclotic View Post
    there's 4 different Trip in the Woods variants at our local Costco. i bought a few of those Narwahl with currants. be forewarned, it's on the tart side & slightly dry. it seems like it would be good with a steak or something that you'd enjoy a red wine with. JMHO, of course.

as for Costco a few of the local locations have really been bringing it lately. i'd put up some pictures of stuff i've been seeing in them but don't want to come off boastful.

Oh, please boast away, for our enjoyment! I did see one that had a white label. I was running a little late and I knew if I spent to much time looking at another one, I'd buy that one too. It seems that when I find a new beer I think I'll like, I find myself googling beer advocate and most of the time buying it. I saw that this one was Bourbon barrel aged, so I concentrated on it. Thanks for the heads up!
  • 12-09-2016
    DiRt DeViL
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 12-09-2016
    dbhammercycle
    I had a Central Waters Bourbon stout last night. Those imperial stouts or porters aged in bourbon barrels are wonderful. I also recently had a Prairie Artisan imperial stout aged in apple brandy barrels, holy schnikeys that was good. I shared it at the thanksgiving family gathering and immediately regretted sharing as they didn't even say thank you. The Bastids.

Look like a nice 3some for the DeViL.
  • 12-09-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I had a Central Waters Bourbon stout last night. Those imperial stouts or porters aged in bourbon barrels are wonderful. I also recently had a Prairie Artisan imperial stout aged in apple brandy barrels, holy schnikeys that was good. I shared it at the thanksgiving family gathering and immediately regretted sharing as they didn't even say thank you. The Bastids.

Look like a nice 3some for the DeViL.

Oh, I did the same once. Spent a boat load on some great beer for a party and one no gave a shit. I actually had someone ask for a Coors Light, I was like, get the **** outa my house. A lot of people just don't get craft beer and they have no desire to.
  • 12-09-2016
    bigkat273
    Quote:

Oh, I did the same once. Spent a boat load on some great beer for a party and one no gave a shit. I actually had someone ask for a Coors Light, I was like, get the **** outa my house. A lot of people just don't get craft beer and they have no desire to.

I do the opposite. Those in the know go to the special fridge. All others, here's the cooler of "lites".
  • 12-09-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkat273 View Post
    I do the opposite. Those in the know go to the special fridge. All others, here's the cooler of "lites".

That's a good idea. Although, I refuse to buy and bring shit into the house. So, if you wanna drink shit, you better bring it.
  • 12-09-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    I do draw the line at Stella or 805. I'll buy that and bring it home.
  • 12-09-2016
    bigkat273
    Quote:

That's a good idea. Although, I refuse to buy and bring shit into the house. So, if you wanna drink shit, you better bring it.

I still have crap beer at home from new years 2015. That beer will be made available for new years 2017 as it was for new years 2016.
  • 12-09-2016
    Smithhammer
    Last night's brew - Black Cauldron Imperial Stout by Grand Teton Brewing. Paired with the Better Half's amazing, braised garlic/rosemary pot roast, it was excellent.

• 12-09-2016
    DiRt DeViL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • 12-10-2016
    mtnbkr80015
  • 12-10-2016
    mtnbkr80015
    Double Haul IPA
  • 12-10-2016
    trail4fun

• 12-10-2016
    trail4fun
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL View Post

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How's the Yeti, almost picked one up tonight but was on the fence. On a side note saw Dogfish had their World Stout 4pack out, anyone try that one ??

• 12-10-2016
    Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Quote:

Tonight I'm drinking something my girlfriends son brewed up. It's a copy of The Bruery's Tart of Darkness. It's a barrel aged sour and it turn out really good.

I cracked it open tonight and boy is this stuff really good! You can really taste the black and red currant. Good thing, because it wasn't cheap. Here's some reviews. I'm giving this beer a solid A.
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/pr...t=high&start=0