Sweat is just fat crying.

Super serious question.

You order another beer, and the tarbender uses the same glass.

Yea or neigh?
    Information on the trails at New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, CA.

Afric Pepperbird
    I've never seen this.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    As long as I'm drinking the same beer, yeah

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I've never seen this.
    It's pretty common, Dirt Farmer. Actually the norm in many places. As long as the beer doesn't change, I'm cool with it. In fact, I prefer it.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member

Re: Super serious question.

Same beer keep it, especially if the new glass is fresh out of a nice hot Hobart washer. (This has happened to me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepo5669 View Post
    The wheelsize argument is not a "hydraulic vs cable brake" argument, its a "formula vs shimano brake" argument.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    I gotta say that I prefer my next beer in a clean, chilled glass. When I'm eating food, especially greasy food, I don't enjoy seeing it on the next glass.
    Information on the trails at New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, CA.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    It's pretty common, Dirt Farmer. Actually the norm in many places. As long as the beer doesn't change, I'm cool with it. In fact, I prefer it.
    Let me elaborate: I think the same glass practice has been/is the norm in most "regular" bars. Now micro pubs or brew pubs that value the beer-sperience will use the fresh glass. As a long-time bartender, I think using a fresh glass each time is a waste of the bartender's limited time if the place is busy, and it requires the waste of more energy and resources by using the soap and machine more than necessary. As a drinker, I like the lack of fuss.

However, for those drinking expensive/rare beers, I totally understand.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Oh hell no! I don't even use the same glass at home for the second half of one of my 22oz bottles I've popped. It has to be clean and CHILLED, like fresh out of the freezer cold.

I like to brew my own beer so all that work tastes better out of a new fresh glass!

Outlaw
    The barkeeps around here won't use the same glass unless you ask them to and depending on the pubs policies they still might not. At home I use the same glass all day long. This is assuming I'm drinking the same beer. I really like good coffee (and I think I make some pretty good stuff at home) but I use the same coffee mug all morning.

At a beer or wine festival/tasting you rinse and re-use so whats the problem at the pub or at home.

I don't do chilled glasses and have asked bartenders to use a non-chilled glass if I'm drinking something I would want closer to cellar temperature. I don't refrigerate most of my beer so I don't want it in an ice cold glass. Then again, if the pubs cleaned their tap lines more often, folks would be able to taste the beer they were poured instead of the last three beers that went through those lines.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    If you are drinking the same beer, reuse the glass. If not, a new glass is nice, but not totally necessary, unless you are switching from a Stout to a Pilsner.

Chilled glasses are for Bud/Miller/Coors products. The chill keeps the beer cold, which numbs your tastebuds to the pain they are about to experience. Any beer that is worth tasting should be served between 40-55ļF depending on style.

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by rorhound View Post
    Oh hell no! I don't even use the same glass at home for the second half of one of my 22oz bottles I've popped. It has to be clean and CHILLED, like fresh out of the freezer cold.

I like to brew my own beer so all that work tastes better out of a new fresh glass!
    wow, a Homebrewer who does not know that frozen glasses are not the proper way to serve beer... interesting.

For me, i will use the same glass at home, however I typically rinse out the dregs of the last beer before moving on to the next. If it is the same beer i might not rinse.

Any self respecting bar will provide a new fresh glass with each beer. More importantly any good beer bar will have proper glassware for each beer served.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    Depends on the beer.

/thread
    2008 Redline Monocog 29er SS/Rigid
    2013 Marin Mount Vision XM7
    FS: 26" Black Flag Expert Wheelset (new), Reba 29 Fork

mtbr member

Super serious question.

Same glass is good for me.
    I have sent back beers served in chilled glasses. Major beer serving faux pa.

Besides the chilled glass numbing taste buds, the ice build up on the side will water down beer, weakening body, mouthfeel, foam head and flavor.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

NONDURO
    Thatís why I order it by the pitcher. I can reuse the same glass over and over until they insist Iíve had plenty to drink already, oh and by the way the door is over there.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    this is my beer mug. it belongs to me. it lives behind the bar, and i prefer them to use the same one every time. I get 4 extra ounces per pour.
    ​mountain biking is fun.

Gigantic Hawk
    I don't care if they pour a different beer into the same glass. As long as I don't get somebody else's used glass, I'm fine... or a clean one with lipstick still on it. That's just nasty.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Wow, I've hardly ever seen a bartender use the same glass, unless I asked them to. I'm okay with that, as long as I'm not drastically mixing styles.
    I might have seen it in Britain...

Chilled glasses- Blechhh! That's a throwback to the days when 'Murican beer was light light light yellow and had to be served ice cold, lest the drinker realize what complete crap it was. My dad used to keep a mug in the freezer for my visits for years, until it finally sunk in that I never EVER wanted to use his chilled mug for anything.