mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Sunshine Wheat - Who makes one like it?

I love all kinds of beer be it dark and awesome, be it PBR sitting the garage wrenching. However, Sunshine has always been one of those beers that just tastes perfect to me. Unfortunately I can no longer easily get it. I live in the Seattle area so there are obviously tons of great breweries around here and a massive amount of selection so I am at no shortage of libations. None the less, I would love some Sunshine.

Anyone know of any other beers similar to the characteristics of Sunshine? Thanks.

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by datmony View Post
    I love all kinds of beer be it dark and awesome, be it PBR sitting the garage wrenching. However, Sunshine has always been one of those beers that just tastes perfect to me. Unfortunately I can no longer easily get it. I live in the Seattle area so there are obviously tons of great breweries around here and a massive amount of selection so I am at no shortage of libations. None the less, I would love some Sunshine.

Anyone know of any other beers similar to the characteristics of Sunshine? Thanks.

I've been partial to Widmer Hefeweizen as my fave American Pale Wheat beer. It's surely found in Seattle; give it a try. I think it's a great wheat ale, with no strong banana ester flavors (yuck!)

Paper Mill Aleworks
    The following three should be in wide enough distrobution that they should ne be hard to find in your area...I would hope anyway.

Firestone Walker - Solace
    Odell - Easy Street
    Anderson Valley - Summer Solstice

All great examples of that "pale wheat" style.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Will check all these out. Totally agree on Summer Solstice, I had a ton of that this summer/fall. So tasty. I think Anderson Valley may get the nod as my favorite brewery all up. Everything they make is incredible. I will definitely check out the other ones. Keep the thoughts coming.

banned
    Jan 2013
    I rock anything cold. Sometimes I'll put one in my jersey pocket to enjoy as I'm hammering. Most if the time it's harpoon or Sierra Nevadas. Love to drink a few in the parking lot post ride. Never know when a party will start!