mtbr member

Sink the Bismarck...anyone?

Just saw this in a local store. Anyone tried it yet? They also make Tactical Nuclear Penguin at 31%, and Tokyo at 18.2%. Pretty cool looking company. BrewDog UK | Scottish Craft Beer Company

An unsettling development has arisen in mainland Europe which BrewDog have found impossible to ignore.

Armed with their 40% ABV beer, German brewers have infiltrated our front lines, slipped under the defences and straight onto the radars of you the noble beer drinkers of the Empire.

We ask of you to keep calm and carry on whilst saluting the valiant efforts of Tactical Nuclear Penguin whose fall has allowed the Germans to recapture the world record for the strongest beer.

We are wheeling out the big guns this time. Sink the Bismarck is a quadruple IPA that contains four times the hops, four times the bitterness and frozen four times to create at a staggering 41% ABV.

This is IPA amplified, the most evocative style of the craft beer resistance with the volume cranked off the scale. Kettle hopped, dry hopped then freeze hopped for a deep fruit, resinous and spicy aroma. A full out attack on your taste-buds ensues as the incredibly smooth liquid delivers a crescendo of malt, sweet honey, hop oils and a torpedo of hop bitterness which lasts and lasts.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'd only have to sniff that and be drunk! Very rarely drink anymore

Beer Please!
    I purchased Tactical a few years ago, $75 to have one 12oz bottle shipped to me from Scotland. Shared it with about 10 friends.

My buddy purchased Sink the bismark, and I still have some left in my fridge.

Incredible feat of beer making, worth trying at least once.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

mtbr member
    My son and I shared a Tactical Nuclear Penguin to celebrate his university graduation. It was a powerful brew but very drinkable. Enjoyed after a good dinner instead of spirits, it's the only way I believe that a beer like this can be really appreciated.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Had it once, at a bottle share last year.
    It's thick, syrupy, alcohol burn in a glass!
    Think cognac

Out of curiosity, what was the bottle shop charging?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    It was 55 Euro at the Beer Temple in Brussels.

mtbr member
    As I recall for the TNP I paid the equivalent of $40 for a 12oz bottle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    It's epic! The taste is a IPA / Cognac and well worth the cost.