Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Single Best Beer you've had.

Post it up. I want to know what single experience has melted your mind the most, and made with wish the bottle had no bottom. What beer was brewed with your palate in mind.

Here's mine. Click and the top review is mine. Also pasted below.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile.../?ba=ChadQuest

"I have been super excited to try this beer, i've been desiring it for years, Unclejedi hooked me up with a trade and now i am opening it during the first snow of the year. perfect.
    Head doesn't last long due to the alcohol content, leaving a clean looking deep dense off black body the color of mahogony with a thin ring around the edge of this 3oz snifter.
    The barrel influence smells amazing, clean crisp heat rising up mixed with perfect caramel candy and toffee and maple.
    Incredible rich flavors of Oak and other woods more sappy, and Vanilla with rich dark Molasses and melted caramel, and smooth bourbon with just a hint of courseness,and lightly sugar coated dried fruits, incredible smoothness and complexity for an 13% beer.
    I got 2 bottles, one for tonight and another for aging, but i am going to absolutly have to get more, this is an amazing beer, maybe the very best BarleyWine i've ever had...i should say most likely the best...most likely the best beer period.

I sipped these 22oz for the better part of 4 hours, and still at the end it was exciting to raise the snifter to my lips. incredible. i'm a harsh reviewer, but i'm strongly considering all 5s...next bottle(someday)will decide."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Single Best Beer you've had.-eugene-corvallis-beer-trip-2010-461-1024x681.jpg  

mtbr member
    BTW, i am always down for trading with people that have MoaS (or Perfect Storm) for trade. I have alot of bottles in my Cellar to offer.

mtbr member
    Was situational. Definitely not the best tasting beer I've had but was the best beer for sure. First night on my trip to Haiti. At a local bar in the town of Pignon standing in the middle of the national highway/dirt road drinking with great company.

Prestige: World Beer Cup Winner of 2000 for American Style Lager.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'll play along....

MY favorite:

This (in my opinion of course) is the epidome of the belgain Saison(farmhouse) or blonde style beer. It is clean, crisp... not overly hopped. It has a tiny bit of that good belgain skank. Brewed in small batches, Brasserie Fantome brews one beer at a time to match the season, so you need to pick it up when you can find it. Not that all of their beer's aren't good, but this is the one I like the best.

jrm
    mtbr member

Hair of The Dog

Fred from a keg.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-H
    Was situational. Definitely not the best tasting beer I've had but was the best beer for sure.
    Same here, and it was almost 20 years ago. Two buddies and myself were coming down from Vernal Falls in Yosemite in August, following the Merced river's path jumping from rock to rock. We stopped to burn a bowl and we found three Red Tail Ale's stashed in the river. It was an amazing beer, and an amazing day.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Boognish
    Same here, and it was almost 20 years ago. Two buddies and myself were coming down from Vernal Falls in Yosemite in August, following the Merced river's path jumping from rock to rock. We stopped to burn a bowl and we found three Red Tail Ale's stashed in the river. It was an amazing beer, and an amazing day.
    May have been amazing for you, but imagine how the people who stashed those beers felt when they discovered them missing.

No no...the OTHER LA.
    Jul 2005
    As mentioned above, the best beer is mostly situational. When you are at that special time in your life journey, everything is amplified and perfected. For me it could very well be while sitting in a little jazz club in Houston, ~ 1991, not quite 21 and my uncle buys us a Chimay blue to split. The new experience of a spectacular beer, when all I knew was light and fizzy at that point, coupled with the live music and ambience made that beer all the better. Now I've tried some beers that might be better, but none that truly take me back to that moment.

If I ever find a bottle of The Perfect Storm though, I'm buying it for sure! :headbang:

mtbr member
    La Fin Du Monde.

mtbr member
    End of the trail at the Gorge fishing for brownies, low and behold a sixer of Bud buried under some rocks. It's 30 degrees and the crew is sweating from the hike down and worried about the PO. We have something to celebrate, damn those were good beers. Poor buggers who hiked it in and didn't drink em. On another note, the Pliny I'm sipping now is .........as good, just many years later.
    Too many bikes, and just enough time to ride them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Rohrbach Brewing Scotch Ale...delicious! And, it was free at a company picnic Luckily, I had my girlfriend with me who doesnt like beer that much so I could enjoy a few and she could drive home. Responsibility is very important!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This:
    http://www.tipplesbrews.com/?p=859

Bodegal Bryghus No. 130.

Big B's Trails
    No question I've had alot of different kinds and always come back too...

I dig dirt!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Im a big fan of Micro-breweries and I just say there is one literally 2 blocks from my apartment. Its called Granite City and they have an Octoberfest style beer that is out of this world, they also let you buy and fill growlers to take home. Holds 6 beers and its $6 to fill, can it get better??....Yes it does...they tap new beers every 2-3 months, the new Scottish Whiskey Ale is also killer!

Get out of town!
    Nothing exotic about my favorite but Belle's Two Hearted Ale gets me every time. I frequent Total Wine every week though and try a lot of different stuff. Allagash Black is awesome too, a close second.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731

or Paulaner

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/124/1256

german hef is waaaaaaaaaay better than any US hef

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    dogfish head palo santo
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/33832

but sur would like to try a cellar full of that perfect storm

mtbr member
    Stone Ruination Ale.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridin'Dirty
    Nothing exotic about my favorite but Belle's Two Hearted Ale gets me every time. I frequent Total Wine every week though and try a lot of different stuff. Allagash Black is awesome too, a close second.
    Bell's (sorry, no "e") makes truly outstanding beers. From their Two Hearted Ale to the Consecrator Dopplebock, Batch 9,000 through Batch 10,000, they're all pretty good (some better than others).

The one that takes the cake is Oberon, their summer brew. Being a former Michigander, Bell's is a brewery that will stick with me for sure. I miss it out here on the West Coast and can't wait to get my hands on some.

If you every have the chance to try a Bell's Oberon, do it.

http://www.bellsbeer.com/

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas
    Post it up. I want to know what single experience has melted your mind the most, and made with wish the bottle had no bottom. What beer was brewed with your palate in mind.

Here's mine. Click and the top review is mine. Also pasted below.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile.../?ba=ChadQuest

"I have been super excited to try this beer, i've been desiring it for years, Unclejedi hooked me up with a trade and now i am opening it during the first snow of the year. perfect.
    Head doesn't last long due to the alcohol content, leaving a clean looking deep dense off black body the color of mahogony with a thin ring around the edge of this 3oz snifter.
    The barrel influence smells amazing, clean crisp heat rising up mixed with perfect caramel candy and toffee and maple.
    Incredible rich flavors of Oak and other woods more sappy, and Vanilla with rich dark Molasses and melted caramel, and smooth bourbon with just a hint of courseness,and lightly sugar coated dried fruits, incredible smoothness and complexity for an 13% beer.
    I got 2 bottles, one for tonight and another for aging, but i am going to absolutly have to get more, this is an amazing beer, maybe the very best BarleyWine i've ever had...i should say most likely the best...most likely the best beer period.

I sipped these 22oz for the better part of 4 hours, and still at the end it was exciting to raise the snifter to my lips. incredible. i'm a harsh reviewer, but i'm strongly considering all 5s...next bottle(someday)will decide."
    Wow. Whenever I visit Pacific City I will always drop in to Pelican Pub Brewery. The place is waaaay overpriced, and their beers are very mediocre at best. But there's not a lot of other places to eat there, so I go.

I will have to give this one a try. I've not had it yet.

mtbr member
    http://www.figure8brewing.com/enter.html

Imperial Chocolate Stout....very delicious!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Chimay red label. Not only because it was one of my first introductions into real belgians but it was also shared with a late, great friend of mine who was teaching me about beer.

mtbr member
    Brooklyn Black Ops.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    Brooklyn Black Ops.

oooo... that's a good one too!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by b3nj4m1n
    german hef is waaaaaaaaaay better than any US hef
    I'd rather prefer Karg Weissbier. Small family owned brewery from the fringes of the Bavarian Alps. They specialize on hef only. For my taste Weihenstephaner and Paulaner are a little to "industrialized", killing the yeast after adding it to the bottles makes it too much a standardized product then.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast