Beer Please!

Scientific study shows moderate beer drinking to be healthy

Clicky

I know this is not new information to most of you guys, but I thought it might be nice to have a thread dedicated to the health benefits of moderate beer or wine consumption.

Even the Bible, the most widely read and distributed book in history comments on the benefit of moderate drinking;
    "Do not drink water any longer, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent cases of sickness." - 1 Timothy 5:23

For those not familiar this was a letter penned by the apostle Paul to Timothy who had been having some health issues, and moderate wine drinking was a known solution nearly 3000 years ago.

Obviously abuse of any substance can lead to health problems, that is not what this thread is about.

A beer a day keeps the doctor away.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Beer Me!

What, its ok to drink beer!!?!?!?!
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

mtbr member
    TIL nothing

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Scientific study shows moderate beer drinking to be healthy
    Go on, I'm listening...

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Wink

I'd like to consider the possibility that there may be a gray area in the mutitude of studies both pro and con related to this topic. But, I can't.

In other threads it has been made clear that only one member of the MTBR community is capable of making intellegent decisions related to this topic. So, I will defer and wait for our resident expert to enlighen me.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

tl1
    Bicyclist
    No new information in this story, it's basically saying the same thing I have been relating and getting all the angry spaz hate for. The definition of moderate here is really two units of alcohol a day for men and half that for women. That's two 4% alcohol 10 oz. beers if I remember right. Some other studies cut that definition of moderate in half. I don't recall beer being mentioned in the new testament though and we know wine is different because of the resveratrol content.

Love said consumers need to follow safe drinking level guidelines. That’s one beer a day for women, two for men.

Ten-ounce glasses of beer, that is, not the big bottles.

“You can’t run to Carver’s and go buy a growler, unless you’re sharing it with four friends,” Love said.
    But nutritionists caution that beer is not all good news.

“Alcohol is detrimental to women who are at risk for breast cancer,” Love said.

Jessica Mitchell, registered dietitian at Mercy Medical Center, said she sees no nutritional benefits or qualities to beer.

“It’s a toxin that works your liver,” she said.

When asked about the possible health benefits of beer, Mitchell said, “You can find all these things in regular foods without the negative effects of alcohol.”

Beer Me!
    If I go 5 days without drinking, does that mean I can have QTY:10, 4% abv beers on friday night?

What if i plan to not drink when i turn 40 for the rest of my life, can I have all those beers I won't be drinking earlier?

If my buddy doesn't drink at all, Can I drink his 2 beers for him?

I kid I kid I kid

Beer Me!
    TL1 This pritty much sums up what happens to you in this sub-forum:

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerdonian View Post
    I think it sums up what some people wished happened in the forum. It hasn't been working. I throw the bookbags back and harder.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    If I go 5 days without drinking, does that mean I can have QTY:10, 4% abv beers on friday night?

What if i plan to not drink when i turn 40 for the rest of my life, can I have all those beers I won't be drinking earlier?

If my buddy doesn't drink at all, Can I drink his 2 beers for him?
    Yes. Yes it does mean that, to all the questions above. That was pretty much the exact same advice my dentist gave me anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Well if alittle is good, then more is better!... lol

mtbr member
    Sorry to repost this once again, but I can't get enough of this gif.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Random fact: beer / wine are often safer to drink than water in under developed regions due to bacterial contaminents in water.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Well you know what they, everything in moderation...including moderation itself.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Forwarding this to my wife.