peach/ginger mead homebrew progress

I have been neglecting my peach/ginger mead homebrew (5gal batch) for awhile. I took care of it when it finished in primary, but the peaches and ginger had been sitting in secondary for a couple months.

I have been needing to add pectinase to it so I can start clarifying it before racking it and then oaking it, but forgot to put the pectinase on my last homebrew supply order. I finally got around to doing that last weekend, so I cracked open my fermenter bucket fully expecting it to be ruined.

Nope. Once I got the peaches out (thankfully I had them in a mesh bag) and squeezed out as much of the liquid goodness as possible, I gave the mead a taste. It was quite delicious already. This one might wind up being gone before my last batch (blueberry vanilla) has finished aging.

Beer Please!
    can i have some?
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Sounds yummy! What kind of honey was used?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff View Post
    Sounds yummy! What kind of honey was used?
    12lb (IIRC) of tupelo honey

I'll mail you some local stuff in trade for some mead. I need to start homebrewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    I'll mail you some local stuff in trade for some mead. I need to start homebrewing.
    I'll let you know when I bottle