I have been neglecting my peach/ginger mead homebrew (5gal batch) for awhile. I took care of it when it finished in primary, but the peaches and ginger had been sitting in secondary for a couple months.
I have been needing to add pectinase to it so I can start clarifying it before racking it and then oaking it, but forgot to put the pectinase on my last homebrew supply order. I finally got around to doing that last weekend, so I cracked open my fermenter bucket fully expecting it to be ruined.
Nope. Once I got the peaches out (thankfully I had them in a mesh bag) and squeezed out as much of the liquid goodness as possible, I gave the mead a taste. It was quite delicious already. This one might wind up being gone before my last batch (blueberry vanilla) has finished aging.
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 6 of 6